Coaching Clinic and Practice Update (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBro

1st Team
Nov 17, 2006
SE Alabama
First off, I just want to say that us coaches were very well taken care of. 857 coaches attended according to Alles' update today. We ate.... a lot! We had a Beer and Brat social, doughnuts ever morning, a Full Moon BBQ buffet, a crawfish dinner, finger foods, and Rama Jama hamburgers over the course of 3 nights/2 days. We consumed 2600 lbs of crawfish.
Any questions, just ask and I'll try my best. May add more if I remember something else.
Great report!

Wish I could have been there, but my spring sport responsibilities were in conflict.

I am optimistic to say the least! :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
they are doing a ton of installing right now.....the best I can say is exactly what CNS said after the last practice: "mulitple formations." All of what you said was run at some point.
Yeah, I just found this article that essentially says the same thing. I am very curious whether we will adopt some more spread type offense (WVU and Minn) or whether we will maintain the base I with the occasional three wide, two tight end, and/or Jumbo. The evaluation period by the coaches will be interesting. I think we could do well going to the spread..... the talent is their, IMHO!

Coaches evaluating offense
Applewhite assures scheme will fit talent on the field

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I forgot to mention Todd Alles' work. He was orchestrating a lot of the processes with the clinic. I think he proved his worth making everything run smoothly. Courteous as well, even when a few of the knuckleheads kept crowding the practice fields. ;)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
runtheoption22, with all due respect, what is your football background? Playing and coaching? The use of certain positions being used or not being used and unproven players solid in certain positions? Know, it's a nice read but lets wait to here who the players are out of the mouth's of the staff. Observation is what it is, except from the staff. It has only been five days. Let's, let things play out and here it from CNS and staff. I am also at most of the practices and am very impressed by many position battles which you do not seem to mention and I see great competions at many of these spots. Thanks

RTR

RTR
With all due respect you might want to spend less time at practice, a little less time being critical of someone doing his best to give us a practice update and a little more time in English class.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
RTO doesn't mention all he sees, for reasons obvious to most. Don't knock mods who are spending their own time to try to bring a little insight to those who CAN'T attend practice. It's not supposed to be a detailed account of every aspect of practice...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I am not sure why people feel compelled to comment on posters' use of grammar or spelling quite frequently. You see it here and on many other boards as well.

I personally find it rude and classless and really speaks to the manners of the person offering the criticism. Give people a break. I personally equate these discussions as a bunch of people sitting at bar or some other setting discussing the same topics. Now, if I offered criticism of a particular person's use of grammar in that setting I am sure that one of 3 things would probably happen 1) be thought of as arrogant and "condescending" (for those of you who love to do this check the spelling on that word for me), 2) not be invited back, or 3) get my ... kicked for being a jerk.

What really amazes me is I can oftentimes stick my foot in my mouth while using the spoken word (just ask my wife) but this is the written word and you have time to think about what you are writing.

Those of you who do this dont really know the circumstance behind the misspellings or the misuse of grammar. Its kind of like asking a woman when her due date is only there is none. Ouch, that hurts (believe me I have done it). RTO, could have been typing this while traveling down the road from Tuscaloosa or he could have slept through English class in HS like me. Either way, he should not have to apologize for it to the gentlemen on this board.

Now, who in here really wants to be that guy?

I thought so. Be a gentleman and cut it out.

Last edited:
May 4, 2003
Larnaca, Cyprus
RTO doesn't mention all he sees, for reasons obvious to most. Don't knock mods who are spending their own time to try to bring a little insight to those who CAN'T attend practice. It's not supposed to be a detailed account of every aspect of practice...
No knocks coming from me! Please keep the info flowing mods, ya'll are my lifeline. :biggrin2:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I am not sure why people feel compelled to comment on posters' use of grammar or spelling quite frequently. You see it here and on many other boards as well.

I personally find it rude and classless and really speaks to the manners of the person offering the criticism. Give people a break. I personally equate these discussions as a bunch of people sitting at bar or some other setting discussing the same topics. Now, if I offered criticism of a particular person's use of grammar in that setting I am sure that one of 3 things would probably happen 1) be thought of as arrogant and "condescending" (for those of you who love to do this check the spelling on that word for me), 2) not be invited back, or 3) get my ... kicked for being a jerk.

What really amazes me is I can oftentimes stick my foot in my mouth while using the spoken word (just ask my wife) but this is the written word and you have time to think about what you are writing.

Those of you who do this dont really know the circumstance behind the misspellings or the misuse of grammar. Its kind of like asking a woman when her due date is only there is none. Ouch, that hurts (believe me I have done it). RTO, could have been typing this while traveling down the road from Tuscaloosa or he could have slept through English class in HS like me. Either way, he should not have to apologize for it to the gentlemen on this board.

Now, who in here really wants to be that guy?

I thought so. Be a gentleman and cut it out.
What he said. :)

FreeBro

1st Team
Nov 17, 2006
SE Alabama
To criticize this clinic for the reasons it has been criticized is NUTS!

I have said for two years that Alabama was getting its butt kicked when it came to relationships with Alabama HS coaches. This was one of the reasons I was ready for a change in T-town. The Auburn staff under Tubby has been cultivating relationships with HS coaches for several years now, dating back to his days at Ole Miss. Saban and his staff are playing catch-up in this area and I expect the future clinics to be more substantial and more football theory oriented.

I am sure that if I noticed the problems with HS relations then others knew about and I am sure that Saban was made aware of this problem. I was expecting this clinic to be a commercial about what the program and what they are trying to do at UA.

If I remember correctly the first few clinics at AU, under Tubby, were like that as well. Bowden's staff had gotten the reputation of being cocky and not relating well to the HS coaches, much like Shula's staff. I wish the bashers could be as open minded about what is happening at BAMA. I am a BAMA fan and always will be, but I enjoy the AU clinics and work their camps in the summer because they treat us so well. The AU coaches cannot do enough for a HS coach when they are on campus and they make us feel important. I believe CNS will eventually achieve the same types of relationships at BAMA. He knows that HS coaches are part of their lifeline, unlike some previous regimes. :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Enough! GMM, etc. expect a PM from me. And, it's not a good time to focus on spelling, etc. Before I close this thread, let me say this: when you decide to jump somebody and assume an air of superiority, if your spelling and your grammar aren't good, you've volunteered to be a target. That's just the way the human psyche works. Now, since the thread can't seem to stay on FB, it's closed. And there are some things said which better not be said again by the same parties...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.