The Friday Night Lights Project

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Hey everyone... if you would, check out the following link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/diamondduste/collections/72157601648982030/

It's an attempt by myself to document a season of high school football through photography. No one team will be focused (Although, you can probably expect a lot of Tuscaloosa County High and possibly Northridge) as I'm trying to capture the essence of high school football... hence the name "The Friday Night Lights Project".

It will be updated as the season progresses. The three photo folders in there now are from Hoover's scrimmage and the Tuscaloosa County High Jamboree.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I plan on checking out at least a one game every week. Hopefully, I can see quite a few different teams. I dont have a digital camera myself, but my father does, and I'd be glad to try and snap some shots and upload them so you can have some of the NE Bama boys on there. :smile: Thats only if YOU want. I understand its a personal project.

IMO, I dont think you can really get the essence of the high school game, relative to Alabama high school football, without getting some of these 1A, 2A, and 3A county schools on there. Rivalry games with teams 5 and 10 minutes down the highway from each other. Thats where I got my playing education. :biggrin2: Rivalry games mean a lot when you go to church together, and the same stores, and hang out at many of the same places.

I plan on checking out at least a one game every week. Hopefully, I can see quite a few different teams. I dont have a digital camera myself, but my father does, and I'd be glad to try and snap some shots and upload them so you can have some of the NE Bama boys on there. :smile: Thats only if YOU want. I understand its a personal project.

IMO, I dont think you can really get the essence of the high school game, relative to Alabama high school football, without getting some of these 1A, 2A, and 3A county schools on there. Rivalry games with teams 5 and 10 minutes down the highway from each other. Thats where I got my playing education. :biggrin2: Rivalry games mean a lot when you go to church together, and the same stores, and hang out at many of the same places.
I'm going to try and catch a game or two in Fayette or Gordo if I can.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I recommend catching a Addison Bulldogs game. I don't know how close that is to where you are. I saw them come up here and give the Fyffe Red Devils all the game they wanted. Fyffe is a 2A team that has been top 10 I dont know how long and has a 6 season streak of 10 wins or more. Addison had a very impressive tough scrappy bunch.

I recommend catching a Addison Bulldogs game. I don't know how close that is to where you are. I saw them come up here and give the Fyffe Red Devils all the game they wanted. Fyffe is a 2A team that has been top 10 I dont know how long and has a 6 season streak of 10 wins or more. Addison had a very impressive tough scrappy bunch.
I live in Northport, so that's why I have a feeling County and Northridge will get the emphasis of the pictures. I do, however, plan on trying to balance it out amongst the Tuscaloosa area schools if possible. I work in Pickens and Fayette county so that's why I'm going to try and get to at least one game over there.

I added a new set today - Pictures from the Clay Chalkville jamboree against Anniston. I was home in Pinson for the weekend and decided to check things out over there.

Tenatively County High hosting Jackson-Olin, unless there is a better suggestion. With it being a home game weekend (Read - Diamonddust likes to be on The Strip relatively early and enjoy himself), I kind of have to stay in the Tuscaloosa area.

I know Hoover plays Spain Park this Friday, but I doubt I can make it to the field for that one.

Tenatively County High hosting Jackson-Olin, QUOTE]

Get a good picture of the Head Linesman & Referee if you can. They are a father/son team.

Of course, they're both ugly as sin! :pDT_daz:
I'll do my best! The weather isn't looking too good tommorow so I don't know how much I'll be able to get. With my equipment, I fear rain like the plague.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.