The ginormous Texas A&M / Coach Fran thread

Rockport

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 16, 2003
Just announced in a presser by A&M AD, Bill Byrne.

Franchione committed three NCAA violations:
1. not reporting outside income
2. mentioning recruits names
3. sportsmanship - comments about officials

AD Byrne says he doesn't fire coaches mid-season, but that these violations will be considered in Dennis Franchione's end-of-season performance review.

Franchione has been instructed to deactiviate CoachFran.com

Thought y'all may want to know. Or not! :wink:

RamJammer

All-SEC
Aug 29, 2007
Birmingham
Re: A&M fires Mike McKenzie

Oh this is rich--- he & Fran are tight as thieves (no pun intended. HAHAHA!) - But that is just the beginning of a Fran-plan - trust me there!! That Fran - he's a piece of work...

TideAlum

1st Team
Jun 29, 2007

I wonder if Mike leaked his firing to those special Aggies before the official announcement.

Rockport

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 16, 2003

... or better yet, I wonder if MM leaked Franchione's impending firing in the newsletter?

Counting down the days until the season ends and this nightmarish era in Texas A&M football history is over.

See ya, "Fran."

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com

Here is a copy of the report. It says nothing about McKenzie being fired by the institution, but instructs Fran not to hire or pay any university staff member (I assume it means McKenzie) through personal funds or any company he controls to report on anything related to Fran's duties as head coach. That would lead me to think McKenzie is still employed by A&M but cannot make money on any of Fran's "side deals".

AlabamaSooner

All-SEC
Jun 28, 2005
Atlanta, GA

I find it highly ironic that he left Bama because of NCAA violations. Now he makes his own. I actually like the A&M program and fans a lot, but as long as Fran is there, I have to pull against them every game.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Very good of aTm to have this report out so soon and it be so thorough, with names. I doubt we would have seen this quality of response from Bama's Athletic Department, or at least not as candid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.