Not enjoying 360 as much as PS2

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
I gotta admit, my 360 is just kinda sitting collecting dust atm. The only game I have really enjoyed on a consistent basis is Oblivion, other than that, eh. On the PS2 there were so many fun games like, God of War, Prince of Persia, Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, hell even the NCAA games were MUCH more fun. Idk, maybe Assassins Creed will cheer me up a bit and no I haven't and will not get Halo. Not a big fan of shooters.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I've no idea what games you've played but since you don't like shooters, have you tried:

The Orange Box (shooter but Portal is a fantastic puzzle game)
Forza Motorsport 2
Project Gotham Racing 3
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (XBLA)
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved (XBLA)
skate
Project Gotham Racing 4
Dead Rising
Viva Pinata
Bomberman Live (XBLA)
DiRT: Colin McRae Off-Road
Crackdown
Pac-Man Championship Edition (XBLA)
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA)
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Test Drive Unlimited
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Prince of Persia Classic (XBLA)
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Saints Row
LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Uno (XBLA)
Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis
Catan (XBLA)
Cloning Clyde (XBLA)
Tomb Raider: Legend
Kameo: Elements of Power
Alien Hominid HD (XBLA)
Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II, The
Eternal Sonata
Marble Blast Ultra (XBLA)
Carcassonne (XBLA)
Blue Dragon
Every Extend Extra Extreme (XBLA)
Worms (XBLA)

XBLA = Xbox Live Arcade Game

Also coming up - Virtua Fighter 5, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Viva Pinata: Party Animals, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Scene-IT (party game), Resident Evil 5, Too Human, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Devil May Cry 4, World in Conflict.

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
Good list, Queasy. I was upset that "Army of Two" got pushed back to 2008 and even worse, it looks like Fable 2 might not be out til 2009. I've already promised myself that I would take a week's vacation time when Fable 2 comes out, but this is starting to get ridiculous. Lionhead Studios needs to get its collective butts in gear and finish this game, already.

Back to the topic at hand, yeah a lot of the games coming out on the new systems are crap, but it's the same on all newish systems. The list of games that you like to play, Tidefan17, are all A-List titles. Consider the ratio of good games vs the lousy ones and you'll see that the ratio hasn't changed at all. Crap games in high-def are still crap games; it will take some more time for a better line-up of great titles on the new systems. In the meantime, sometimes you just gotta take a chance. Download some demos and try them out. Heck, that's why I bought "Folklore" on PS3. I had never even heard of this game, but the demo left me wanting more. It's pretty okey-dokey; it won't make my top ten, but not bad. (And I like to play FPS shooters on my PC, which is why I haven't bought Halo 3, either. I hate playing games like this on a control pad, but I still feel like I'm missing out. And knowing Microsquash, it probably won't be out on PC for about 3 years...:mad2:)

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I would say you're in the vast minority who feel this way and that would be understating it.

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
I actually agree, but I mainly only play sports games. And the gameplay has generally been awful as it seems as if they are only focusing on graphics.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
I gotta admit, my 360 is just kinda sitting collecting dust atm. The only game I have really enjoyed on a consistent basis is Oblivion, other than that, eh. On the PS2 there were so many fun games like, God of War, Prince of Persia, Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, hell even the NCAA games were MUCH more fun. Idk, maybe Assassins Creed will cheer me up a bit and no I haven't and will not get Halo. Not a big fan of shooters.
Welcome to the minority. The 360 has plenty of quality titles. Its also hard to compare a 2 year old console to the PS2 which has been around for over 6 years. As for the NCAA comment, the 360 version of NCAA 08 is the best of all versions hands down. Theres no such thing as a wrong opinion, but the comment you made about NCAA is about as close as you can get to it.

Last edited:

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
The controls in the PS2 NCAA were much smoother. I don't care about graphics as long as they're decent and the whole campus legend rpg element is silly. NCAA 06 has been the best one imo.

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
Also coming up - Virtua Fighter 5, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Viva Pinata: Party Animals, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Scene-IT (party game), Resident Evil 5, Too Human, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Devil May Cry 4, World in Conflict.
"Naruto: Rise of a Ninja" sounds interesting. Isn't RE5 and DMC4 for PS3 exclusively?

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
aww c'mon! quit it with the ?"fanboyism"? hahaha

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
"Naruto: Rise of a Ninja" sounds interesting. Isn't RE5 and DMC4 for PS3 exclusively?
Nope. RE5 and DMC4 are no longer exclusive to the PS3. Sony lost a number of exclusives for the 'next-gen' machines.

Naruto actually comes out today (along with Viva Pinata: Party Animals, The Simpsons Game, TimeShift, Guitar Hero III, The Bee Movie Game) and judging by the reviews, it is a decent platformer/fighter/RPG mash-up. Not on Ratchet & Clank's level but still pretty good. Here is the trailer.

Also, I forgot to put Ninja Gaiden 2 on my list. That is coming out next year and if you haven't played Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox before, go get it. It is just an awesome game (though difficult).

I'm going to be renting Naruto and Viva Pinata: Party Animals for my son and I to play. Going to be picking up Mass Effect when it comes out (pre-ordered it back in August cheap). Mass Effect will likely be the last video game I buy for the rest of the year. Halo 3 multi-player is taking up most of my very limited gaming time right now. I don't think I'd be able to play much more.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.