What to Serve with Shrimp Creole for Gameday vs LSU?

Hey ya'll I am making Bayoutider's Shrimp Creole for the LSU game and having guest over. I was wondering what would go well with it, any suggestions? And Bayou loved the recipe hope you see this thread before gameday. RTR http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showt...=shrimp+creole
    UAB-CT RT(R)(CT)

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: What to Serve with Shrimp Creole for Gameday vs LSU?

Shrimp Creole is usually a one-dish kind of meal. Serve it with some fresh, hot French bread and your favorite wine. You can always get brave and attempt some Bananas Foster for dessert, but that can get dicey. Something more simple like a brandy-soaked bread pudding would be nice.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Suspended

Beer soup goes real well with shrimp creole.

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

If you need side dishes I suggest cold potato salad, fresh green salad, hot (not toasted) French bread & butter, greens or smothered okra and tomatoes. Any of those things pair well with Shrimp Creole but as SavannahDare said it is a stand alone dish that can be a pleasant meal with just a loaf of bread.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC TideRollsInVa's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

http://tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43259

This is my far the best Shrimp Creole I've ever cooked and will be cooked tomorrow. This thread should be revisited for this weekend. IMHO

Sunbeam has pull apart BBQ bread that cannot be found on the shelves up here but when we went home for the UT beat-down we brought back close to a dozen loaves to store in the freezer for special occasions just like this. So I'll be making the EVO and butter mixture, as well.
    "Just Too Full of BAMA!" ...Tommy Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TideRollsInVa View Post
    http://tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43259

This is my far the best Shrimp Creole I've ever cooked and will be cooked tomorrow.
    Sounds delicious and looks like a great one Bayou provided!