What to Serve with Shrimp Creole for Gameday vs LSU?

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Shrimp Creole is usually a one-dish kind of meal. Serve it with some fresh, hot French bread and your favorite wine. You can always get brave and attempt some Bananas Foster for dessert, but that can get dicey. Something more simple like a brandy-soaked bread pudding would be nice.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
If you need side dishes I suggest cold potato salad, fresh green salad, hot (not toasted) French bread & butter, greens or smothered okra and tomatoes. Any of those things pair well with Shrimp Creole but as SavannahDare said it is a stand alone dish that can be a pleasant meal with just a loaf of bread.

TideRollsInVa

All-SEC
Oct 16, 1999
Lake Martin, AL & Atlanta
http://tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43259

This is my far the best Shrimp Creole I've ever cooked and will be cooked tomorrow. This thread should be revisited for this weekend. IMHO

Sunbeam has pull apart BBQ bread that cannot be found on the shelves up here but when we went home for the UT beat-down we brought back close to a dozen loaves to store in the freezer for special occasions just like this. So I'll be making the EVO and butter mixture, as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.