Any Vince Flynn fans?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
For light reading, I enjoy authors like Daniel Silva and Tom Clancy (although TC hasn't done anything in a while). I've seen Flynn's books but haven't picked one up yet. Any opinions on him? Thanks.

AlabasterBama

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2006
Alabaster, Alabama
I read both Silva and Flynn. To me Flynn is much better. All of his books contain the central figure of Mitch Rapp except Term Limits. Rapp is a CIA black ops operative with free reign. Here is the order in which to read them
Transfer of Power (1999)
The Third Option (2000)
Separation of Power (2001)
Executive Power (2002)
Memorial Day (2004)
Consent to Kill (2005)
Act of Treason (2006)
Protect and Defend (2007)

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
For light reading, I enjoy authors like Daniel Silva and Tom Clancy (although TC hasn't done anything in a while). I've seen Flynn's books but haven't picked one up yet. Any opinions on him? Thanks.
I'll have to pick up one of Flynn's books based on the reviews listed above.

Speaking of Clancy, have you heard whether or not he has anything in the works? It's been too long.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
I read both Silva and Flynn. To me Flynn is much better. All of his books contain the central figure of Mitch Rapp except Term Limits. Rapp is a CIA black ops operative with free reign. Here is the order in which to read them
Transfer of Power (1999)
The Third Option (2000)
Executive Power (2002)
Memorial Day (2004)
Consent to Kill (2005)
Act of Treason (2006)
Thanks for the list.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
I'll have to pick up one of Flynn's books based on the reviews listed above.

Speaking of Clancy, have you heard whether or not he has anything in the works? It's been too long.
On Amazon at one time there was an entry of an "untitle, upcoming" Clancy book. Then I heard Clancy was ill, and that Amazon entry was deleted. That was at least six months ago. I haven't heard anything new since.:conf3:

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Transfer of Power (1999)
The Third Option (2000)
Executive Power (2002)
Memorial Day (2004)
Consent to Kill (2005)
Act of Treason (2006)
I've read all of these except the latest one, which I just got as a birthday present. I highly recommend this series. The main character (Rapp) is developed really well over the course of the books and Flynn really gives Rapp's character a depth not often found in this genre. The stories are well-written and easy to follow. It's not unusual to sit down and read 100 pages at a time.

Happy reading!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Just finished reading "American Assassin" ... couldn't put it down. IT's the story of how Mitch Rapp becomes who he becomes. It goes from his recruitment to his first few 'jobs'... I loved it and could have read another 500 pages.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
A friend of mine asked me if I'd read any of Flynn's books. He's read them all and loves them. He also said, "Mitch Rapp is kind of like Jack Bauer...except Rapp would kick Bauer's butt!" :eek:

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
Ok, this is my first post on this board and I can't believe I'm just now tuning in. YES I love Vince Flynn. I read his first book right after 911 (where I was BTW) and was hooked! I just finished his latest one talking about the early days of Mitch Rapp and loved it. Can't wait to get more involved in this thread this off season. And also can't wait to get new book leads!

can of corn

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 4, 2002
tuscaloosa, al usa
I have read all of Vince Flynn's books including the latest American Assassin. These are must read! A movie is going to be made about Mitch Rapp, but it is still in the screenplay approval and casting stage. This movie will be huge if it ever gets made.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
I have read all of Vince Flynn's books including the latest American Assassin. These are must read! A movie is going to be made about Mitch Rapp, but it is still in the screenplay approval and casting stage. This movie will be huge if it ever gets made.
OK, I agree this would be a great movie. Who would play Mitch Rapp??? I am not a movie buff so don't have any thoughts there but wow, I can picture the dude in my mind.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I just recently picked up some of Flynn's books. I started with Transfer of Power and The Third Option and really enjoyed them both and look forward to continuing the series.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Recently read Separation of Power and Executive Power. Slowly working my way through the list by mixing a Flynn book into my reading stack every so often.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I am just starting Term Limits and am enjoying it. Sad how close to the facts he comes to corruption in politics.
I already have several of the others and am looking forward to reading them as well. Thanks for the sequence list. This author looks promising as great beach read.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Yes. Started with Term Limits and read them in order published. Very easy reads (not as technical as Clancy), and very satisfying.

I hope if they make a movie, Hollywood doesn't inject too much of their politics into it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.