RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Freshman Gives Visitors Big Boot

11/10/2007 3:35:36 AM
Daily Journal

Daily Journal reports

WINONA - Freshman kicker Jordan Parker nailed a 42-yard field goal with 14 seconds left to lift Corinth to a 24-21 road win over Winona in the first round of the Class 3A playoffs in area high school football action Friday night.
Freshman Gives Visitors Big Boot

Ok so I know this is a Mississippi High School team, but it's my old High School. My Youth Minister's son kicked a 42 yard field goal in the first round of the playoffs with 14 seconds left. He's a freshman in high school, 14 years old! We started the season 1-4, but we are now 8-4 and in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Thought it was a pretty cool story. Sadly, he's grown up an Ole Miss fan . . .

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
I used to go through Winona on Hwy 82 when I was first married -- before they finished I-24 outside of Nashville & we could go the "easy" way.

Drove thru one night in a torrential thunderstorm, & had to stop right outside of town when a farmer's cows busted through the fence & got loose on the road.

"If that ain't country ..." -- David Allan Coe

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.