The South Rises Again

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
Using Clanton as the geographic center of the state, there are many more 3A teams NORTH of Clanton than there are SOUTH of Clanton.

Also, if you draw a line from east to west across the middle of Jefferson County, the two regions which include Cordova (region 4) and Clay Co (region 5) have half of their teams NORTH of that line, and half SOUTH of that line.

So the finalists could just have easily (from a geographic perspective) been Greensboro (region 4) vs Hokes Bluff (region 5). That wouldn't have been as confusing.

Here's a link to the current 3A Region map:

http://www.talismanred.com/ratings/highschool/class3a_labels.jpg
OK,I reliaze how they draw up the South vs North regions,but it is more to balance out the play off teams. The major point here is Tuscaloosa is not in the south of the state yet it is in the south region!Also,jefferson Co is more in the north central part of the state and not the dead center of the state!I give cudos to the south region,but it's obvious that many teams in it are not south Al teams.

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
I give cudos to the south region,but it's obvious that many teams in it are not south Al teams.
Right, but that was never the point of the original poster. It's still been 20 years since one half of the bracket swept the other half in the finals.

My feeling is that there is some pretty good football being played all across the state, and that bodes well for the college teams that recruit in Alabama in the years to come.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
Right, but that was never the point of the original poster. It's still been 20 years since one half of the bracket swept the other half in the finals.

My feeling is that there is some pretty good football being played all across the state, and that bodes well for the college teams that recruit in Alabama in the years to come.
Yep. All those teams are going to get leftovers of higher and higher quality after Bama and CNS sweep the state. ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.