Hoover hires new FB coach....

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
Hoover hires former Oxford coach

Josh Niblett began his tenure as Hoover High School football coach by thanking Jesus Christ. He ended his introductory speech, filled with a few amens from the audience, by claiming Hoover would win and make a difference in the players' lives.

After months of controversy, Hoover handed its program Thursday to Niblett, a 35-year-old coach from Oxford High School described by those who know him as passionate, ambitious and deeply religious.

"We're gonna win. I'm not worried about that," Niblett said. "My biggest thing is I want to make a difference in these kids' lives, so 10 years from now they're still winning."

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
Niblett era is about to get under way for Hoover High School's football team

Niblett has emphasized that he wants to create an atmosphere that encourages growth from players off the field as much as it does on the field. He wants to push his players into making great decisions that make those around them better people.

Implementing changes that quickly create success is a challenging task, but it's something Niblett has convinced Hoover leaders he's capable of doing.

"He's young, energetic and very positive," Hoover Interim Athletics Director Myra Miles said. "I just liked his enthusiasm. He wants to get things in place."

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
I am not a Hoover fan, but they could not have hired a better coach (or better yet, a better man) than Nibblett. He is a great X and O coach, very intense, but is a fantastic Christian influence for young men. Hoover folks will not be sorry for hiring Josh.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I am not a Hoover fan, but they could not have hired a better coach (or better yet, a better man) than Nibblett. He is a great X and O coach, very intense, but is a fantastic Christian influence for young men. Hoover folks will not be sorry for hiring Josh.

I really appreciate all of enthusiasm, thanks!!!:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.