Mar 2, 2003
Fayette, AL, USA
I have a lot of favorites, but one I haven't seen on here so far is:

Jerry Duncan: "All right Eli, we gotta block it."

Eli Gold: "Gotta block this one."

Jerry Duncan: "If you ever block one, you gotta block this one."

Eli Gold: "It's blocked!..It's blocked!..It's blocked!"
(In unison)

Jerry Duncan: "He blocked it!..He blocked it!..He blocked it!

Jerry Duncan: "He blocked it Eli!!!" (with complete and unending joy in his voice) :D

Of course, this is from the 1989 Bama @ Penn State game when Bama blocked an 18 yd. fg to win the game. That's hitting the high spots from that point of the game. I may have missed a little of the entire quotes, but it has always been one of my favorite quotes/calls of all time. I was only 10 years old, but I can remember it like it was yesterday. The giddiness and complete joy in Jerry Duncan's voice is what makes it so funny and just flat out awesome! Roll Tide!!!

Last edited:

Ugobama

Suspended
Jan 30, 2008
Mississippi
The Bear said something like, ''Mama called, and I answered,'' when asked why he took the job at Alabama. That's a pretty cool quote.

AdamMc2003

1st Team
Dec 14, 2005
"Well, this is the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ballgame, they were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world but here's one, this ain't Kentucky!"

Verne Lundquist after we went up 7-0 against UF in '05...

Ugobama

Suspended
Jan 30, 2008
Mississippi
"Well, this is the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ballgame, they were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world but here's one, this ain't Kentucky!"

Verne Lundquist after we went up 7-0 against UF in '05...
Hey, that quote was at the beginning of the P.O.D. ''BOOM'' youtube video that shows the Tide in their 2005 games! That is a cool quote.

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
Three come to mind:

"I can't imagine being in the Hall of Fame with Coach Bryant. There ought to be two Hall of Fames, one for Coach Bryant and one for everybody else." Ozzie Newsome

"I'm just a simple plow hand from Arkansas, but I have learned over the years how to hold a team together. How to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team." Coach Bryant

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." Coach Bryant

bmcklv

All-American
Nov 27, 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
I've got two, both by Coach:

"People who are in it for their own good are individualists. They don't share the same heartbeat that makes a team so great. A great unit, whether it be football or any organization, shares the same heartbeat."
(Heisman?!We don't need no stinkin' Heisman!)

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you."
(Tubby could learn from this one)

tholder4585

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
"I don't know if I'll ever get tired of football. One time I thought I might. . . I was out there on the practice field wondering whether football had passed me by. Then I heard the Million Dollar Band playing over on the practice field. When they started playing 'Yea, Alabama,' I got goosebumps all over me. I looked out there and those young rascals in those crimson jerseys, and I just wanted to thank God for giving me the opportunity to coach and contribute in some small way at my alma mater and be a part of the University of Alabama tradition."
-Paul "Bear" Bryant

jmp343

Oct 18, 2005
Fairhope, AL
Here's a couple:

"You never know what a football player is made of until he plays against Alabama.", Former Tennessee Coach Bob Neyland.

"The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint, after intercepting a pass in the end zone and returning it 100 yards for a touchdown.

And my favorite:

Coach Lombardi after winning the Super Bowl: "how does it feel to be the best football team in the world...Lombardi response: "I dont know, we havent played Alabama".

Jeff

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.