Penn State: Best fans of any opponent

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
A recent thread about tough places to visit got me thinking about my favorite place to be the visitor and the best opponent fans in my opinion: Penn State. In my opinion they are the classiest program we have ever played. Most SEC fans could learn a lot from Penn State fans' behavior. In two visits up there (one win, one loss) I have been treated with respect and our players were applauded as their buses left the stadium grounds. I wish we could go home and home with them every year.

kfo9494

Suspended
Jun 19, 2001
Gadsden, Alabama
I had good times up at Penn State. But like every game you go to- where you park and the fans around you make or break a school. Even at Alabama.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Thanks for bringing up Preston Gothard. He had the best after catch, nonchalant, flip of the ball to the ground that said "I've been here before and I'm coming back anytime I want to" after reeling one in across the middle and getting hammered by anybody's best linebacker or safety. And yes, he was in bounds by about two steps that game against Penn State.

skibama

Scout Team
Mar 21, 2003
Atlanta, GA, USA
I know this was a home game, but I have to say the UCLA fans were some of the nicest I've ever met...granted most were amazed we actually have running water and 'lectricity down here, but they were extremely friendly and impressed with T-town.

ApexTider

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 13, 2004
I think App State has some outstanding fans! Just because I went to school there doesn't mean I'm biased....:biggrin:

bama_belle

1st Team
Oct 21, 2005
I know this was a home game, but I have to say the UCLA fans were some of the nicest I've ever met...granted most were amazed we actually have running water and 'lectricity down here, but they were extremely friendly and impressed with T-town.
I agree with you. I had to sit in the UCLA section (I bought my tickets from a UCLA alum) and I enjoyed my whole experience with their fans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.