Coach Clark may leave Prattville .

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
There is no "may" to it, he is leaving. He informed his team earlier this afternoon. I, and all of Prattville, wish only the best for him and his family.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
I was hoping he'd pass this offer up as I would think a better one would not have been too far off . :conf3: It's a gamble but , I wish he & Joey the best .

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
It's been confirmed that he is indeed going to S.Alabama .

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I agree with you in that it is a bit of a gamble. It's obviously a new program, tremendous growing pains and learning curve, starting from scratch. On the downside, I would be concerned about the staff still being around by 2013 (when they become conference members) if they get off to a slow start. Suppose after three years they've only won a handful of games (or less) and the administration decides Jones isn't the man.... but not many coaches I know are lacking in confidence in their own ability to succeed.

The upside would be that at least he has his foot inside the door of college football. Easier to build a network of contacts, being a coordinator and assistant head coach right out of the gate certainly doesn't hurt the resume' if the need/desire to look elsewhere for work should arise.

Even still, as I posted earlier, I hope for good things for Coach and expect he will do a great job. He certainly won't be outworked by anyone!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What I am wondering (along with the majority of my classmates) is how the school will replace him. Will they just promote Coach Dubose, or will they go get a new coach and start over?

I have heard from different people throughout the city that are in favor of promoting Coach Dubose. I, for one, am in favor of it. The offense would not change. The only problem that would be faced would be the defense because Coach Clark is taking a couple of assistants with him (word around school, so could be rumor).

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
As you mention, Coach Dubose has been tabbed as Interim HC. The school system is required to post an announcement for the vacancy. I'm certain there will be numerous candidates that will submit applications for the position, including Coach Dubose and possibly others from the current staff.

Interviews will follow and eventually the search committee (I presume they will form one) or Mr. Butler (if they don't form one) will make a recommendation to the Board.

I'd be surprised if there is a permanent coach in place in time for spring training unless things get going really quick. I'm sure they'd like to have a coach in place by the time the school year ends and should be able to accomplish that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Also, now that Coach Clark is leaving the school will have to get a new AD. I do not know if they will make a current coach the AD or make the new football coach the AD.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I still think though he should still wait for a better opportunity to come around before he leaves for somewhere else. He has a war machine going own down there.

Last edited:

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I agree with you in that it is a bit of a gamble. It's obviously a new program, tremendous growing pains and learning curve, starting from scratch. On the downside, I would be concerned about the staff still being around by 2013 (when they become conference members) if they get off to a slow start. Suppose after three years they've only won a handful of games (or less) and the administration decides Jones isn't the man.... but not many coaches I know are lacking in confidence in their own ability to succeed.

The upside would be that at least he has his foot inside the door of college football. Easier to build a network of contacts, being a coordinator and assistant head coach right out of the gate certainly doesn't hurt the resume' if the need/desire to look elsewhere for work should arise.

Even still, as I posted earlier, I hope for good things for Coach and expect he will do a great job. He certainly won't be outworked by anyone!
I understand your point, but I don't see that happening in this situation. The administration at USA knows that this is a very long process and that success on the field is many years away. I could see Jones or Clark leaving before I could see the university letting them go.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I could see Jones or Clark leaving before I could see the university letting them go.
The question there would be where do they go? Do they leave and go back to high school or go up in the ranks (of course, not necessarily a better position but a better school).

pvilleguru

1st Team
Feb 2, 2007
i know this is a long shot, but i heard from a friend of mickey andrews that he could be interested in the HC job. he is leaving fsu and wouldn't mind settling down in a place like prattville.

FreeBro

1st Team
Nov 17, 2006
SE Alabama
I think, when Coach Andrews retires he will go back home to Ozark and live near his momma. He has said that he "MIGHT" volunteer at the MS or the local HS as a consultant, but that when he retires he will be retired.

BTW, his wife, Diane is also an Ozark girl and I think both her parents are still alive.

Alot has happened to them since they bought the land near his momma on the north side of town (his bbq business failing & losing their boy) and do not know how all this has changed his thinking, but I know he loves his momma and cannot see them going anywhere else without her.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.