Frosh jersey numbers

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
Per the new media guide:

Mark Barron (4)
Undra Billingsley (94)
John Michael Boswell (67)
Terrence Cody (62)
Marcel Dareus (57)
Robby Green (23)
Glenn Harbin (54)
Jerrell Harris (5)
Don'ta Hightower (56)
Mark Ingram (22)
Star Jackson (2)
Barrett Jones (75)
Julio Jones (8)
Chris Jordan (36)
Alonzo Lawrence (15)
Robert Lester (37)
Tyler Love (72)
Ivan Matchett (31)
Wesley Neighbors (46)
Jermaine Preyear (44)
BJ Scott (1)
Damion Square (92)
Courtney Upshaw (41)
Michael Williams (89)
Brad Smelley (17)
Chris Jackson (19)

Last edited:

37bamagrl

All-American
May 6, 2003
Foley, AL
yeah, trent r. would of been perfect for #22...but ingram is good too.

but #8... that just seems like an odd number for Julio...he's too big :)

guess I just became a Robert Lester fan :) ... that's cool he's from my alma mater :)

- isn't Darius Hanks #15?

Last edited:

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
Seems to me that the fact that A.L. got #15 gives us some pretty good news regarding the prospects of Prince Hall this year since A.L. wanted #21. However, Prince probably won't be playing in the Clemson game.

Cox036

Suspended
Apr 28, 2005
Julio Jones getting #8 has to be GREAT news for all the Bama/Dale Earnhardt jr. fans out there. Especially the ones who got the #8 tattoo.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
I thought Boswell was an OL prospect. Why did he get #97? Is he moving to DL, or can an OL player have numbers in the 90s? Anyone know?

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I thought Boswell was an OL prospect. Why did he get #97? Is he moving to DL, or can an OL player have numbers in the 90s? Anyone know?
In college, most numbers don't necessarily dictate your position. Otherwise, Julio would have a number in the 80s. He just got that number for the sake of getting that number.

That's all there's to it.

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
Keep in mind that JMB will most likely redshirt this year...so that's probably just a default number. It does seem very odd that they would give him #97 if he was going to be playing OL.

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
I hate the fact that there are so many duplicate #'s...

That means I cant have all my players have their real #'s on NCAA 09! lol

but seriously, I would be pretty ....ed if I was Darius Hanks, Marquis Maze, or Roy Upchurch to name a few....

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
According to Crimson Confidential's freshmen numbers, he'll be wearing #67.

http://www.crimsonconfidential.com/news/story.php?article=204

rollntider said:
It will be nice to have a #5 to root for again. I thought Zow was a heck of QB,and wished and hoped he would have been a NFL player.

Having a #2 again is awesome.
Roy Upchurch dones #5 right now. I love watching him run, and look for him to finally get a lot of carries.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.