Link: ESPN: Breaking down the 2009 quarterbacks

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Barkley not alone in talented '09 class
Rounding out the top five is a guy who really shot up the ranks in our minds after seeing him several times in the spring -- despite our lukewarm response to his initial tape review in March. A.J. McCarron (Mobile, Ala./Saint Paul's Episcopal) might very well be the key to Alabama's future success on offense. He is built very similar to Gilbert and must get in the weight room to add bulk and strength, but comparisons to former Miami QB Ken Dorsey and even Matt Ryan are both an accurate depiction of what McCarron's upside could be. Usually guys that are tall and lanky are not as coordinated just yet, but that's not the case with McCarron. He has excellent arm strength, a quick release and tight mechanics.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
It's pretty funny that L'barn says he likes AJM's arm strength & release then compares him to a guy who had neither - Ken Dorsey :p_conf:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
True. Maybe he was comparing Dorsey and McCarron from a physical standpoint (ie body type)??? It's obvious McCarron has a much stronger arm than Dorsey ever had.

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
Wait a minute!! Did I miss something, or is api's QB NOT on that list? How can that possibly be so? Was character not a part of the criteria? :pDT_ow: :willy_nilly: :pDT_ow: :p_eyes: :pDT_ink: :pDT_Aliboronz_07:

uafootball92

1st Team
Sep 21, 2005
St. Charles, Missouri
It's pretty funny that L'barn says he likes AJM's arm strength & release then compares him to a guy who had neither - Ken Dorsey :p_conf:
Yah, as BEATtutorsee said, I think he was talking about body type. Decent arm, but smaller frame. Dorsey was never that big of a guy, even in his senior year. To give him a little credit though, he did say his arm was better than Dorsey's.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Yah, as BEATtutorsee said, I think he was talking about body type. Decent arm, but smaller frame. Dorsey was never that big of a guy, even in his senior year. To give him a little credit though, he did say his arm was better than Dorsey's.
When he compared him to Croyle last month , he was accurate . I don't know why L'barnville has switched to Dorsey other than to irritate the H out of us :D

BigAL413

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Dodson Branch, TN
When he compared him to Croyle last month , he was accurate . I don't know why L'barnville has switched to Dorsey other than to irritate the H out of us :D
To me the only legitimate comparison is to Brodie. Luginwhatever has also compared him to Matt Ryan. I don't know where that comes from at all. McCarron has a potentially huge arm, like Brodie, and for all the hype I have never been impressed with Matt Ryan or his arm.:conf2:

Luginbill stated that Julio was headed to Oklahoma and he would bet his next born. Who is watching that child now? ESPN January segment on its College Recruiting Breakdown.

http://forums.tidesports.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631098265/m/9641004196

Pizza boy gives his reasons why Alabama would not get Julio Jones. Now you know why he is a pizza delivery BOY!! These comments keep me LOL and amused at the same time.

Pizza Boy = barner. I had no ideal they served cow dung pizza in Auburn.

pizza_boy

I believe the INEPTNESS of the Alabama offense this past year (Saban's total bubbling of the QB position) and terrible lack of innovation and offensive aggression, has TURNED OFF some potential outstanding Offensive recruits at the ''skill positions!''

Last edited:

bamamanatpurdue

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 25, 2000
Midland, MI
www.et.cmich.edu
For what it's worth, "tier 3" QB Andrew Maxwell goes to my church. He is a great kid with a lot of smarts. His father told me that he was interested in 'Bama. He's a verbal for Michigan State, but that occurred when he was still an unknown 2 Star. If A.J. falls through I think there is still a chance.:biggrin:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.