Where do I buy a polo shirt with the elephant logo on it?

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know of where I can buy one of those polo shirts with the small elephant on it if you know what I mean. Seems to be like those antique shirts from the past as I saw a lot of them at the Arkansas game this past weekend. Can't seem to find any on the internet or even on Ebay for that matter. Hope you guys know what I mean by these kind of shirts and hope somebody can help me find where I can buy one of my own.

RTR!

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know of where I can buy one of those polo shirts with the small elephant on it if you know what I mean. Seems to be like those antique shirts from the past as I saw a lot of them at the Arkansas game this past weekend. Can't seem to find any on the internet or even on Ebay for that matter. Hope you guys know what I mean by these kind of shirts and hope somebody can help me find where I can buy one of my own.

RTR!
Republican National Headquarters. Just kidding, try these guys.

The Locker Room

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Yep, The Locker Room.

But make sure you take out a small loan first. :)
Yep. Houndstooth red elephants all over trousers, white oxford shirt with red elephant, houndstooth tie with red elephant and belt with Alabama buckle cost me around $300 but I look sharp :)

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
I got mine at the Shirt Shop for $39.50, so I bought 2, a short sleeve and a sleeveless. The ones at the Locker Room are too expensive.
Is there a website for the Shirt Shop? I was looking at The Locker Room website and wasn't prepared for the prices to be that high!! Oh well, but I'm curious to see what the Shirt Shop has to offer as I can't find a website for them anywhere on the web.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
With the discussion about elephant polos I'm reminded of an article in the Crimson White newspaper that was published when I was down last. According to a friend who goes to UA it has caused a pretty big stink, although it seems most of the regular students agree with it.

This message is addressed to all Alabama football players.

If in your career you find yourself in the south end zone, ball in hand and pumped to celebrate your moment of glory, stop.

Turn away from the khaki pants and polos and direct your attention to your true fans. I know its tempting to keep with momentum, exit through the back of the end zone and gesture toward the closest fans you can find — the fraternity crowd — but don’t.
And here’s why: they aren’t real fans.
http://www.cw.ua.edu/it_s_easy_to_spot_the_true_fans

12 rings

3rd Team
Jan 7, 2006
decatur
With the discussion about elephant polos I'm reminded of an article in the Crimson White newspaper that was published when I was down last. According to a friend who goes to UA it has caused a pretty big stink, although it seems most of the regular students agree with it.

Yeah, the frats had a sign draping down that read "come say it to our face Ryan !" or something to that degree..

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

Some of us grew up in a time when people dressed up for games not down. As a frat rat we bought corsages for our dates, wore jackets to the game and we cheered for Joe Namath, Kenny Stabler and the rest. I don't dislike independents and take exception to someone saying you have to be rich to belong to a fraternity. I grew up very middle class, I enjoy the fraternal kinship from belonging to organizations. I belong to other secret organizations therefore I must be the devil. ;) In most of these organizations the only thing secret is a handshake, a sign or how you become a member.

Nash-Bama

1st Team
Dec 6, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
myspace.com
Is there a website for the Shirt Shop? I was looking at The Locker Room website and wasn't prepared for the prices to be that high!! Oh well, but I'm curious to see what the Shirt Shop has to offer as I can't find a website for them anywhere on the web.
I don't think they have a website. They are on Greensboro Avenue in downtown Tuscaloosa. You probably could call them though and order one. The number is 205-752-6931.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Some of us grew up in a time when people dressed up for games not down. As a frat rat we bought corsages for our dates, wore jackets to the game and we cheered for Joe Namath, Kenny Stabler and the rest. I don't dislike independents and take exception to someone saying you have to be rich to belong to a fraternity. I grew up very middle class, I enjoy the fraternal kinship from belonging to organizations. I belong to other secret organizations therefore I must be the devil. ;) In most of these organizations the only thing secret is a handshake, a sign or how you become a member.
Very well said and "ditto."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.