ADMIN NOTE: We do not allow profanity on this message board

Crimsonfan

All-American
Nov 22, 1999
Ider, Al
ttt

Kidding aside, guys, this is important to a few of us. There are plenty of boards where profanity is allowed, if you need them. Please allow those of us who do not appreciate it to have at least one place to come to.

p.s.--spelling words with "zz" or "$$" doesn't change anything.
I'm with ya 100% there bamachile. I love this board, and my grand-daughter reads along with me on occasion. It's great not to have to worry about what she might see (or read OUT LOUD).

Thanks Mods.

timrwil99

Aug 1, 2007
I would like to chime in on this rule. I do not post much, but I do enjoy reading the comments and updates from time to time. At first I didn't like the zero tolerance rule of this site, but as I've become more accustomed to it, I am gad that you guys take such a stance. Personally I cuss like a sailor, have no kids, and think it's great. But the no profanity rule definitely seems to be a factor in keeping this site from degenerating into a flaming, name-calling distraction, which is what many fan sites are and have become. And for that I'm appreciative.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I love this board, and my grand-daughter reads along with me on occasion.
I don't use profanity here and don't think it should be here, but I find it amusing that ads show up for tequila, e cigarettes, and other things not age appropriate for kids. Don't see any complaints about those ;)

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I don't use profanity here and don't think it should be here, but I find it amusing that ads show up for tequila, e cigarettes, and other things not age appropriate for kids. Don't see any complaints about those ;)
Believe me we get plenty of complaints about the ads. The ads are generated through an ad service. Complaints through the proper channel usually gets results.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
If you can't converse without using profanity you don't have a good grasp of the English language.
====================================

Ordinary people ,who are not well educated and who lack a large working vocabulary, are limited in their ability to lend force to their statements. In their search for force, they must therefore make use of vulgarisms which serve, through their shock value, but which, through overuse, quickly lose whatever force they have, so that the purpose of the use is defeated. ................ I.A.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
In their search for force, they must therefore make use of vulgarisms which serve, through their shock value, but which, through overuse, quickly lose whatever force they have, so that the purpose of the use is defeated..
Is that even a sentence :conf2:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ordinary people ,who are not well educated and who lack a large working vocabulary, are limited in their ability to lend force to their statements. In their search for force, they must therefore make use of vulgarisms which serve, through their shock value, but which, through overuse, quickly lose whatever force they have, so that the purpose of the use is defeated. ................ I.A.
Funny thing about that...I know a counselor who was dealing with a troubled student, asking him why he used a certain term all of the time. He said it was just the way he talked. When she asked him what he would say if he got mad or angry, he was silent for a second, then he said "I'd say it louder."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.