Saban practices what he preaches!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Fans: One thing that simply amazes me about CNS.
His own intensity level, and how he manages to keep up the pace that he demands from himself.....every single week.
He's not only the most intense coach I've ever witnessed, he's the most intense man I've ever witnessed, regardless of his profession.
He's the salesperson who sets the monthly sales record every single month, every single year.
He's the marathon runner who breaks his own world record every time he runs.
There's simply no let up or let down in the man. He's driven beyond any human on the planet, the most goal oriented person I've ever known of.
And he does it every single day that he works for the U of A.
I find it incredible.
So when Saban demands week after week that his players get better and better, he's not being unfair or reasonable, or dictatorish.
He's simply asking his players to do the same thing he asks of himself...
To give every effort possible to be the best you can be.
Some may say he has 4 million reasons to get motivated, but it's not the money IMO. I think Saban saw the Bama job as the ultimate challenge of his career, to bring a once proud program from the depth's of despair back to the elite of the college football world.
And danged if he ain't doing it on at an accelerated pace.

Roll Tide!

Alasippi

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
I totally agree. I think this young team has let some of that intensity rub off on them and I hope they keep rubbing it in deeper and deeper.

swamptroll

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Bama definitely has some great freshmen players on the team, but I don't think the talent level is drastically higher at this point than last year. I think CNS has really gotten into the heads & hearts of his players. He has convinced them they can win in a big way and they are buying into it. He has an incredible work ethic just like the other coach who must remain nameless or else we are living in the past.:BigA:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
But, Saban is doing it with a finite number of scholarships.
so did the other coach, and today, there are alot more ways to ID great athletes, a lot more video, back in the 60's and 70's, it was mostly word of mouth. a lot more hit or miss!!

ecra-joe

1st Team
Dec 16, 2006
you gotta wonder how his body holds up. i go a couple of weeks during the winter without good sleep and im GOING to get sick.

BamaSteve999

1st Team
Oct 22, 2004
Bamaga, unless I am sadly mistaken, it was very late in Coach Bryant's career before there were any scholarship limits, and even then I think the original limit was 125. If you stop and think about it, even going from 125 to 85 means that in a two-year period, Alabama (and every other school) now has to forego enough players to give another school a full allotment of scholarship players, suspending the yearly limit of 25 for a moment. Some of the "upsets" start to make a lot more sense, now that those guys who used to be on your bench are on the other sideline trying to beat your brains out.

R

rolltidescott

One word sums him up: INTENSE!

I think that we're starting to see that from the players, as well.

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
But, Saban is doing it with a finite number of scholarships.
Every other coach today has the same limits on schollies...what reminds of a coach in the past is Coach Bryant pushed the evelope every chance he coauld. Many rules changes were the result of Coach Bryant's inovations just as Saban has done in the area of recruiting

AllTide

2nd Team
Mar 9, 2006
N. Alabama
you gotta wonder how his body holds up. i go a couple of weeks during the winter without good sleep and im GOING to get sick.
During the game I asked the people I was watching it with if Coach CNS looked like he had a cold. He had the red nose thing going on. Anyone else notice or have any info?

bamainatlanta87

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 1, 2008
those Little Debbie Cakes and stress will catch up with Saban unfortunately

He looks like he could use a good massage.

Bama1993

1st Team
Aug 25, 2008
The amazing thing is the timing. I realize they tape the Saban Show immediately after the game, but he always seems pi$$ed off even though we have blown out every opponent. He is truely not satisfied with any lapse in intensity. IMO, that's a very good thing.:BigA:

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
OK, I am just going to say it...Saban's team this year has caused flashbacks to greater times...and those times include Coach Bryant. I grew up with Coach Bryant and Alabama Saturdays. I can say this with pride. We should never be ashamed to remember our past and if Coach Bryant is part of it..then so be it.

I love the atmosphere of winning and the fear in the opponents faces. I love the reluctant respect we are given each week by the media and the naysayers. I love the fact that I can sit back and feel as if I have been here before. It's comfortable. It's cozy and it's fun.

Having said that, I see shades of greatness in Saban. True there are a few football coaches out there right now you can hang the term "great" on and whether the rest of the football world wants to admit it or not...some of them are from the Bryant era. It's a fact...live it...love it!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
With Saban you have the perfect storm. He's a natural leader that's doing a job that happens to be his passion.

The fact that he's passionate about football is what helps him maintain his intensity and strive for nothing less than perfection. His leadership skills help him get those under him to be as passionate about the game as he is.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
There's not a single thing CNS has done to give me pause. I find him to be motivated, conscientious, intense, intelligent, and he doesn't suffer fools gladly. I like that. Those traits will hopefully rub off on our entire staff and the players and translate into years of winning because those traits are a winning combination.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.