Greatest running back tandem after Coach Bryant

Troy Chimes

Scout Team
Aug 14, 2007
Knoxville, TN
There has been some great RB tandems since the wishbone days of Coach Bryant and i think this years group of Coffee, Upchurch, Ingram and Grant may be hard to beat. Thoughts?
ROLL TIDE!!

Troy Chimes

Scout Team
Aug 14, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Both were great backs. but we've got 4 outstanding backs on this years team. As a group of backs in one single season this might be the best we've ever had at Alabama (post Bryant years).
ROLL TIDE!!

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Duo
Humphrey/Jelks
Goode/Moore
Stacy/Turner

Trio
Lassic/Williams/Anderson
Riddle/Alexander/Alexander

UAinPHILLY

1st Team
Aug 15, 2006
My vote goes to Ahmaad Galloway/Santonio Beard/Shaud Williams/Ray Hudson.

That one was a true tandem, and all four of them could step it up if they had to. They combined for almost 2300 yards in back in 2002.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teams/stats?teamId=333&year=2002

Yep and add Darby in at the tailend of that period. Seems like that group as a whole were injury plagued and never could quite live up to what they potentially could have been.

I would still have to go with Humphry/Jelks, as much as it pains me to put Jelks on any list of greatest anything. Either them and Shaun and whoever was with Shaun at the time (I honestly can't remember who the other back was in 1999, was it Beard as a freshman?).

UAinPHILLY

1st Team
Aug 15, 2006
did darby and hudson play together?
They did and were both on target to rush for 1000 yards until Hudson was hurt against Kentucky and Darby had his sports hernia (if I recall correctly both happened the same year).

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
If he hadn't been injured, I think Kerry Goode plus whoever might have been the best tandem ever at Alabama. I still think Goode would have one Alabama's first Heisman if he had stayed healthy. He was still pretty good anyway.

fishiy4

Suspended
Dec 27, 2002
talladega
I loved to watch the man run, but too bad Jelks sold us out like he did! :conf2:
I would have to agree with Humphrey/Jelks to bad Jelks tarnished his respect with a lot of tide fans for some quick money certainly greed is the path of destruction .I would have to say this was a great tandem of two backs Jelks had blazing speed and afterburners that stayed kicked in till the end Humpfrey had good speed moves and good hands just a great all around back its just sad that both of these young men in there prime let things of this world that will end any career destroy what could have been something special for these young men may we all pray that all young people stay away from such things.I remember one game with the barn after Jackson Bo that is ripped off a long run for a td then Jelks turned right around and just ripped off a blazing run of speed for a td and if i remember right we not only one the game but Jelks out rushed the mighty barner on this day to more great memories such as this in the future.ROLL TIDE

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.