Link: QB Nick Montana (Joe's son) is considering Bama / He and his Dad visited UA (3/26-27)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
re: QB Nick Montana (Joe's son) is considering Bama / He and his Dad visited UA (3/26-27)

I haven't seen Nick Montana play but look at all the free publicity initially if he signs with X school. His name along will keep X school in the limelight while hopefully attracting other top schools.

Maybe my thought process is different but if he ends up a career backup whats wrong with that if he maybe opened up some doors to get other top players out of that region?

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top
re: QB Nick Montana (Joe's son) is considering Bama / He and his Dad visited UA (3/26-27)

From what I read he is looking to commit this spring. Hoping UT gives him a shot, but from the article I read we may not offer soon enough for him.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

From what I read he is looking to commit this spring. Hoping UT gives him a shot, but from the article I read we may not offer soon enough for him.
Looking at some of his comments lately, who might very well end up in the SEC somewhere. Seems he's enamored with our conference, but who wouldn't be?

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top

Looking at some of his comments lately, who might very well end up in the SEC somewhere. Seems he's enamored with our conference, but who wouldn't be?
If I were a player the SEC would definitely be at the top of my list. I would seriously consider 10 of the 12 school...Vandy and Miss St. are the 2 I wouldn't really consider for athletics. Although you have to consider Vandy for academics.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

QB Nick Montana, son of NFL Hall of Famer, considering Georgia
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound quarterback from Westlake Village, Calif., said he has offers from Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Alabama, Stanford, Maryland, Arizona, Nebraska and Ohio State. He’s waiting to hear back from several schools, including Tennessee and Southern Cal. The 2010 prospect hinted at making his college decision within the next two months.

Montana’s quarterbacks coach in high school is former Tennessee starter Casey Clausen. Montana has already made an unofficial trip to Tennessee to speak with coach Lane Kiffin. “… It’s in the SEC. The fan base is ridiculous. It was a good experience.”

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Top 2010 quarterback Nick Montana still "wide open"
"I'm still wide open," said Montana, who threw for 2,402 yards and 33 touchdowns as a junior. "I don't want to start narrowing things down until I see all my options. It's tough to say (which schools stand out), I'm still trying to figure it all out."

Montana's impressive offers list won't make narrowing the field down any easier. He's visited Ohio State and Texas and is also looking at other schools including Stanford, LSU, Alabama, Florida State and Arizona.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Montana making a name for himself
Nick Montana has definitely come a long way in a short time. Just a few years ago, he was languishing at national powerhouse De La Salle (Concord, Calif.) in an offense that didn't fit him. Now the Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, Calif.) rising senior is one of the most heavily recruited quarterbacks in the nation.

Not bad for a kid who almost didn't play football.

When your last name is Montana and your dad is Joe Montana, the NFL Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest QB ever to play the game, there is always going to be a lot of pressure. And when you play the same position? Well, it's usually not a recipe for success.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Nick Montana is visiting UA this Thursday through Friday. After his Bama visit he is going to UGA for a visit. He said he is very interested in Alabama and that he talks with CNS and CJM on a regular basis. His father Joe is open to Nick going to any school he wants but his mother wants him to stay close to home.

BOL: Nick Montana Profile

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I'd love to see it but I just don't think it will happen. Most of my cousins are from California and when they visit me, either at Mom's in Jasper,Al or down here in Ocean Springs they're like lost ducks. Total culture shock.

I gave my cousin Mitchell a crawfish once and he washed the spice off in his glass of water before eating it. Unforgiveable :)

But I agree, the publicity is enormous and to be considered by the young man is a compliment to Nick Saban and our entire program.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

I'd love to see it but I just don't think it will happen. Most of my cousins are from California and when they visit me, either at Mom's in Jasper,Al or down here in Ocean Springs they're like lost ducks. Total culture shock.

I gave my cousin Mitchell a crawfish once and he washed the spice off in his glass of water before eating it. Unforgiveable :)

But I agree, the publicity is enormous and to be considered by the young man is a compliment to Nick Saban and our entire program.
Coach Saban has pulled a couple kids from California in his time, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got Montana. However, considering the name, the pressure will be enormous to go to Notre Dame. I also still have a preference for Terrance Broadway and Phillips Sims. Of course what do I know?

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

Granted, each person to his own, but when I moved from California to Alabama, it wasn't really that much a culture shock for me. I knew things would be differen in the South before I got here, but I love it here.

Granted, going from rich Southern California to Tuscaloosa might be a bit of a change for Montana, but I don't see why he couldn't make the transition.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Granted, each person to his own, but when I moved from California to Alabama, it wasn't really that much a culture shock for me. I knew things would be differen in the South before I got here, but I love it here.

Granted, going from rich Southern California to Tuscaloosa might be a bit of a change for Montana, but I don't see why he couldn't make the transition.
I suspect that a guy like Montana, if he's anything like his father, would engulf himself so much in football, that he'd have little time to have "culture shock".

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
"Alabama has already offered a scholarship, and he’s also considering Arizona, Florida State, Maryland, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio State, South Carolina, Texas, along with his father’s alma mater, Notre Dame."
I find it interesting that there are no California schools in that list. And with the exception of Arizona, no western schools period.

Roll`92`Tide

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 20, 2007
Houston, TX
I know that getting Nick would be a long shot, but since Saban has offered him, I'm hoping those odds are improving! Who knows maybe Saban showed Nick and Joe a Crimson Clad #16 jersey and both dad and son were so blown away by it that Nick is a silent commit!:biggrin: Hey I can dream can't I!:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.