New Orleans Bowl- Deandre Brown Injured

68wRTR

All-SEC
Aug 19, 2007
Morris, AL
I dont know if there is anything that gets to me worse in football than when an athlete goes down. Brown is a special athlete. I can only hope for the best for the kid. Its just like when Prothro went down, you hate to see it happen to any player especially gifted players, it doesnt mater what side of the ball the played or what team they were on. My prayers go out to Deandre and his family.

R

rolltidescott

Re: New Orleans Bowl- Deandre Brown

It was sickening to watch. ESPN had a camera right on him.

It was a "Prothro" injury, without a doubt.

FortyYearFan

1st Team
Jan 2, 2003

Just awful...

When I saw him holding his leg up after he went down, I was praying it was an optical illusion. So sad.

mjk3888

Sep 24, 2008

he wasn't far behind Julio in last years WR class. my prayers go out to him and his family.

deffinitely shades of the Prothro injury.

BAMAMICH

Suspended
Jun 11, 2008

Man, I was thinking I was going to click on this link and find out that DB put ups some type of ungodly stats like 250 yards receiving in 3qtrs ... wasn't expecting this at all.

Man, I'm real sorry to hear this, my prayers go out to him.

68wRTR

All-SEC
Aug 19, 2007
Morris, AL

Just awful...

When I saw him holding his leg up after he went down, I was praying it was an optical illusion. So sad.

i got up and left, couldnt watch it... when i came back the sports commentators said "he landed wrong," something along those lines anyway.

http://southernmiss.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=50455

Brown carried USM as a true freshman. He will at the least be able to finish out school there. Here is their pre bowl article on DB.

http://southernmiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=891934

Last edited:

68wRTR

All-SEC
Aug 19, 2007
Morris, AL

Man, I was thinking I was going to click on this link and find out that DB put ups some type of ungodly stats like 250 yards receiving in 3qtrs ... wasn't expecting this at all.

Man, I'm real sorry to hear this, my prayers go out to him.
yeah i should have added more info to the title. i would fix it but im not sure how. ill try and figure it out.

BAMAMICH

Suspended
Jun 11, 2008

It's all good, it got my attention, he was one of the receivers I was hoping we could have added to last years class with Jullio. I really hate this for him

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world

Thats weird,wasnt even hit. I wonder if he had a hairline fracture that had went undetected.

link...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF1yiBsHA7Q]YouTube - DeAndre Brown breaks leg[/ame]

BAMAMICH

Suspended
Jun 11, 2008

Yea, it looked like it broke while he was running, really weird.

But yea, I pray for the best for the young man.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

It absolutely brought tears to my eyes, and, my son, who is one of Deandre's friends from Ocean Springs High School literally had to leave the house he was so upset.

'Dre was the best high school football player I've ever seen, bar none, and he simply set the woods on fire at USM this season. His first catch of the game last night was his 67th, which broke the school season record.

Hopefully medical science can find some way to perform a miracle and he'll recover over time. It's going to be very sad indeed if that was Deandre's last play on a football field.

Just for everyone's info, he had broken the leg previously and had screws in it. The fracture occurred right in the same area.

alasippi

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md

Yea, it looked like it broke while he was running, really weird.
I'm not saying this in any type of sarcastic or funny way:

Doesn't this remind you of some of the leg breaks during horse races? Maybe we are finally getting to the point where we are training athletes past their breaking point and instead of sprains or tears now we are just seeing limbs snap.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

Snap :p_eek: It was a pretty gruesome sight .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.