Question: About BJ Scott or lack there of?

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
I know he played early and caught a few balls, but really didn't hear much out of him later in the year. Did he get hurt or just didn't pick up the offense? Had high hopes for him.:conf2:

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I know he played early and caught a few balls, but really didn't hear much out of him later in the year. Did he get hurt or just didn't pick up the offense? Had high hopes for him.:conf2:
He played QB in high school so he had a little trouble adjusting including his route running. No worries. Its likely he moves to defense next year.

mgebama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 20, 2005
I think he was a little slower to develop at WR than hoped. Rumors have him moving to DB in Spring but not confirmed. He's a great athete and I think will be a good player at WR or DB.

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
He hurt his knee early in the year and played through it. He had surgery last week...I believe it was a partially torn meniscus. He was doing great during fall camp and was part of the early rotation. While a move to defense has been rumored, there is nothing definite on that just yet. Will meet with CNS pretty soon to discuss his position for next year. I expect him to stay at slot WR until we hear different.

Last edited:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Since when is it likely that he will be moved to defense? :conf2:

I know schools recruited him to play CB coming out of high school, but I had to idea that it was likely that he would be moved to defense next year.
I believe Jess or Earle (or one of the mods) said it was pretty much a done deal at this point that he was moving to CB for next season. I believe BJ just had too much trouble adjusting to the WR position at this level.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
we do not know for sure the reason for the move yet..but i'm thinking the lack of depth at the CB position shown in our 2 losses led to the move. we could use Scott way more at CB than WR. And it's not like we currently have many DB's on the roster. We have plenty of WR's and incoming Wr's to look at. JMO

lorange

1st Team
Jan 21, 2005
I think spring training will start BJ on the way to being a big contributor on the team next year.

BAMAMICH

Suspended
Jun 11, 2008
I tried to find the thread that was created that talked about all the possible moves after the Iron Bowl game. It's pretty much goes as Chris Jackson moves to DB ... he practiced with the DB corps for the Sugar Bowl if I'm not mistaken.

And possibly B.J. to the DB corps as well in the Spring. It still may be some discussion about it but don't be surprised if it does happen. I think we're fortunate to have him play on either side of the ball for us. Dude is going to be a good one.

Spot Dailey

Suspended
May 31, 2003
Los Angeles
www.JohnTown.com
FYI, I think you just got your answer to the BJ question on another thread that just appeared.
BJ just had surgery last week to repair a torn meniscus he's been playing through for a good part of the season. Kinda like Grant's injury last season when he pretty much disappeared and nobody was sure why. Nobody on the outside anyway.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
I've heard that they were moving him to linebacker!

j/k :biggrin:

<sabanball looks around and ducks>

If he moves to DB is that the end of the "UNO Package"?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.