Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by derek4tide View Post

I have loved them for a few years now. Also a big fan of Fleet Foxes and British Sea Power.
    Not sure how I missed your post, but my girlfriend and I took my brother and sister-in-law to the Fleet Foxes concert in the Alabama Theater for his birthday present in October. I've seen Coldplay, Wilco and My Morning Jacket, but Fleet Foxes was the best concert I've attended hands down. The only thing I didn't like was they didn't sing my favorite song - Oliver James.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

on vinyl today -

Living and Dying in 3/4 Time - Jimmy Buffett
    A1A - JB
    Coconut Telegraph - JB
    Son of a Son of a Sailor - JB
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Just my humble opinion but I don't think better music has been written or played since "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed".

When I went away to college (1972) The Allman Brothers Band were my favourite band, especially living in the south and being a teenager who was really into music. These guys were amazing!

This is how music was meant to be played!

(not the best video or audio but still worth it!)

Have a GREAT w/e! ~Baz

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar
    My Mood
    Lurking on TideFans.com

A friend showed me a group called Explosions in the Sky. I've been listening to them a bit. Reminds me of another band I like called Red Sparowes. It's all instrumental, which I like.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    A friend showed me a group called Explosions in the Sky. I've been listening to them a bit. Reminds me of another band I like called Red Sparowes. It's all instrumental, which I like.

Explosions in the Sky is a great band. Most will recognize them as music from the movie, Friday Night Lights.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Tom T Hall.
    From the "Storyteller. . " box. Jumping around on the three discs:
    The year Clayton Delaney died; Old dogs, children, watermelon wine; Faster horses; I flew over our house last night; Pamela Brown

Listening to John Prine (The Missing Years) driving home from work put me in the frame of mind for Tom T.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    Skillet " One Day Too Late"
    RTR!

Suspended

PJ Harvey
    Radiohead
    Steve Earle
    Ryan Adams

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Getting ready for St Patrick's Day tomorrow at Callahan's Irish Social Club in Mobile with the Holy Ghost Revival's new CD.
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think we need to have a board dedicated to music. We have one for books and one for video games. I think a music board would be well received.

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer14's Avatar
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Friend introduced my to the Black Keys. I've been watching this music video over and over all day and I can't stop laughing:

-Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Been listening to the band Fun. lately. Not bad. The popular song from the band right now is "We Are Young."
    Coach Bryant

Suspended

New Multitudes - the new Woody Guthrie album recorded by Jay Farrar, Jim James and a couple of other guys.

Damn, this is good.