What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
^^^ for post #1209.

A story about Yes at UofA, fall of 1972. The were touring the Close To The Edge album

Show time was set for 4 pm on a Sunday afternoon, which is an unusual start time for a rock concert. It didn't start until MUCH later because the fellow who mixed their live sound was popped by the TPD while smoking a j in a cab of one of the trucks that transported their sound and lights. He is/was the same guy who engineered their early albums and also some early Emerson Lake and Palmer - Eddie Offord. The concert promoter took money from ticket sales to bail him out.

The opening act was a band touring their first album - Eagles. At around 6 pm they took the stage and Glenn Frey said something very close to "Well, the people who dropped acid for Yes should be peaking right about now. We're the Eagles from California" . . and went into "Take It Easy." They repeated it for their last tune before exiting for Yes.

They were great and so was Yes.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Now that's a fantastic story....and one that could only come from another baby boomer... :D

'72 was my first year in college...a freshman no less. None of this Jr. College stuff....lol.

I remember the Close to the Edge Tour and The Eagles as the opening act for Yes - they played at UF the same time frame as your UA concert. Still have my first Eagles album purchased at that time too...and the rest of them....such an amazing band.

I guess I can say this now - meeting another fellow long haired student and going back to his apt to burn one and listen to the new Desparado album turned up to max....wow....now that was memorable!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My father was born in Newark, NJ. I've spent some time there including working a farm picking maters and doing some surfing at the "shore". It's almost like being in a whole different country.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.