What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
[SUP][/SUP]"Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" was the first single from Stevie Nicks' debut solo album Bella Donna. The album's only song that was neither written nor co-written by Nicks, it was written by Tom Petty and Mike Campbell as a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers song, but Jimmy Iovine, who was also working for Stevie Nicks at the time, arranged for her to sing on it. Petty sang with Nicks in the chorus and bridge, while his entire band (save Ron Blair, whose bass track was played by Donald "Duck" Dunn instead) played on the song.

A performance of the song in the studio was used as the promotional video. The video was the 25th video to be played on MTV's launch date on August 1st 1981
[SUP]

[/SUP]

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Hail and farewell to Maurice White of Earth, Wind, and Fire. Saw 'em in good ole Memorial Colisuem in 1976. Up 'til the day of the gig, there were only a little more than 4,000 tix sold, and the promoter was fearing he was gonna take a financial beating on the date. In one of the great walk-up days of ticket sales, ended up with over 9,600 people.

E W and F was a great live act.

"Getaway" by Earth Wind and Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE2zx4lr-h8

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
More Cowboy Junkies. From the Gram Parsons tribute "Return of the Grievous Angel" . . . A take on "Ooh Las Vegas" that sounds like it had a passing acquantance with Hunter Thompson's Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cp0Tr1jmxE
Thanks for this direction. Love Margo's voice, and those guys have always been good. I got my YouTube chain for today. They have made a LOT of good music over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.