Link: Grant accepts Alabama offer

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Speaking of which, wasn't there talk of a series with UConn in the near future?

rtr

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm glad you could stop by after all of these years and share your "I told you so moment". We will have to wait and see what happens next year, since it seems he will get another chance!

BamaFanNKy

1st Team
Nov 9, 2001
Bowling Green, Ky, USA
I'm glad you could stop by after all of these years and share your "I told you so moment". We will have to wait and see what happens next year, since it seems he will get another chance!
Yep. Another year no one will give a rip about Bama basketball. Everyone gets moderated but, let's be honest, a bad hire is easy to spot.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yep. Another year no one will give a rip about Bama basketball. Everyone gets moderated but, let's be honest, a bad hire is easy to spot.
Looking back in this thread, you bring up Mike Anderson being a better hire. Still want to say that after how Arkansas has been?

BamaFanNKy

1st Team
Nov 9, 2001
Bowling Green, Ky, USA
Looking back in this thread, you bring up Mike Anderson being a better hire. Still want to say that after how Arkansas has been?
Yes. Alabama was a better program at the time of Arkansas and no one can deny his track record. Grant has still not proven his abilities.

Arkansas even has a better conference record right now than Alabama and Mike has been there in less amount of time.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yes. Alabama was a better program at the time of Arkansas and no one can deny his track record. Grant has still not proven his abilities.

Arkansas even has a better conference record right now than Alabama and Mike has been there in less amount of time.
Let's compare SEC records between the two coaches in their first 3 years:

6-10
10-8
10-8

6-10
12-4
9-7

Guess which one is which.

Grant is the second.

Listen, I don't care if you don't like Grant. I'm not defending him like I have in previous years. I realize there are areas of needed improvement. You don't have to come back and be obnoxious to tell us you "told us so." I don't recall seeing you post in any other thread about the basketball program in recent months.

Also, Mike Anderson faced the 84th toughest schedule in the nation this year. Anthony Grant faced the second. Wins matter the most, but you have to give Grant credit for scheduling tough opponents.

Last edited:

BamaFanNKy

1st Team
Nov 9, 2001
Bowling Green, Ky, USA
Let's compare SEC records between the two coaches in their first 3 years:

6-10
10-8
10-8

6-10
12-4
9-7

Guess which one is which.

Grant is the second.

Listen, I don't care if you don't like Grant. I'm not defending him like I have in previous years. I realize there are areas of needed improvement. You don't have to come back and be obnoxious to tell us you "told us so." I don't recall seeing you post in any other thread about the basketball program in recent months.

Also, Mike Anderson faced the 84th toughest schedule in the nation this year. Anthony Grant faced the second. Wins matter the most, but you have to give Grant credit for scheduling tough opponents.
I don't post because this is a well documented sunshine pumper board. Also, if we are being blunt Grant's first 3 years should buy him time. Winning only 7 games should give him walking papers. Also, I tried to support Grant. There were a couple players I had gotten a couple assistants in with from the Mid-South Region (2 have won NCAA Titles now with the teams they committed to) and Coach Grant never came to see the kids. Yet, all the who's who of coaching came to see them. In the region of the country I live he's known to blow off HS coaches and players. He's not a good recruiter. As is evidence by the team. If you can't recruit you better be able to coach. If you can't do either, you better be able to keep the players who win you games...... Awful hire.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Actually, we have a more constructive thread that is more current on this board where people are voicing their opinions without an "I told you so!" tone. If you care as much as you say you do, then it's my opinion that those people would be more involved during the game threads. Haven't seen you very much this year. That being said, if you have a problem with the way our board is moderated then you may opt for other boards that allow the "Fire Anthony Grant" threads to run rampant! I'm a member of some of those sites also. As for now, I may decide to close this thread and defer any more constructive arguments to the more recent thread on this situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.