*** QB Phillip Sims Commits to ALABAMA ***

NATidefan

1st Team
Dec 22, 2008
AWESOME! Welcome aboard Mr. Sims, glad to have you.

I'm gonna go see what the vols are saying, LOL!

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
Got to check this out on Rivals. If true Roll Tide Mr. Sims and congratulations!!! Now work hard keep your head clean and do what the coaches tell you. It will be a fun ride!:BigA::):BigA:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
As RTO said, WOW!!! HUGE pickup, this guy is one of the top QBs in the country. RTR, welcome aboard Phillip!!! :BigA:

BamasTide

1st Team
Mar 30, 2009
Decatur, AL
I am so glad Mr. Sims chose the Tide a little surprised it happened so early. There seems to be a trend developing were when a guy takes the trip to the Capstone he decides to commit on the spot. :BigA: great way to start the BIG weekend off early. RTR!

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
#4 Rated QB in the country according to Scout. 4500 yards and 48 TDs the last two years.

RAM

All-SEC
Aug 2, 2006
Would like to know what the class of 2011 looks like, I think this staff already knows, should tell us something of the class of 2010:BigA::eek2:.

This is a really nice pick up boy is the ball rolling early.

Denisevi4

3rd Team
Aug 9, 2006
Scout.com profile says:2008 (12 games): Sims has tossed for more than 2,400 yards with 32 touchdowns and four interceptions. 2007: As a sophomore, Sims threw for 3,100 yards and 33 touchdowns. In two years he has thrown for more than 4,500 yards and 48 touchdowns.
Something doesn't add up in his scout.com profile... But anyway.

Huge pickup! Soooo glad to have him!
Roll Tide Phillip!

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
Man, this is great news. Snagging a great recruit like Sims from out of state this early only enhances our chances for other great recruits, in or out of state. Welcome aboard, Mr. Sims, and enjoy the ride.

ZRossUA

Scout Team
Aug 31, 2004
He has stated that he was told by the staff that he will be the only true QB commit in this year's class.

HUGE PICKUP!! May end up being the Trent Richardson of this class (guy who starts in the middle of the Top 100 and ends the year in the Top 10 as a Five Star...

mkb193

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 29, 2008
here it says: "Sims said he was told he'd be the only QB signee in 2010"

So does this mean the staff is without a doubt planning on using Blake Sims at other positions? I understand many people thought this already, but this makes it seem like Blake has been recruited specifically for another position

Edit: Post above beat me to it, but still a valid question?

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
here it says: "Sims said he was told he'd be the only QB signee in 2010"

So does this mean the staff is without a doubt planning on using Blake Sims at other positions? I understand many people thought this already, but this makes it seem like Blake has been recruited specifically for another position

Edit: Post above beat me to it, but still a valid question?
Blake Sims has apparently been told he'll be given a look at QB but I personally don't think he'll wind up there.

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top
Wow...didn't expect to see this posted when I logged on tonight. Guess we are down to hoping for Heaps.

A lot can change between now and signing day.

Congrats on a top notch commit

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.