Gameday Traditions

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
I

It's On A Slab

...."We're gonna beat the Hell out of you".....during the pre-game.
...."We just beat the Hell out of you"....at the tail end of a win, followed by "Rammer Jammer".

.....And please don't take it personal, but those dang shotguns the Sooner students take to game are just downright dangerous. Didn't they nick a Cornhusker player a couple of years ago? Don't bring that tradition to the stadium with you. :)

Frozen Sooner

1st Team
Jan 14, 2009
...."We just beat the Hell out of you"....at the tail end of a win, followed by "Rammer Jammer".

.....And please don't take it personal, but those dang shotguns the Sooner students take to game are just downright dangerous. Didn't they nick a Cornhusker player a couple of years ago? Don't bring that tradition to the stadium with you. :)
Heh. The students don't get those as a whole, only the RUF/NEKS (oldest male spirit organization in the country.) The shotguns are loaded with blanks.

There was a deal a few years ago where a Nebraska player got offended by the shotguns being discharged in the air and put a pretty brutal hit on one of the RUF/NEKS.

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
Rammer Jammer at the end of the Barn game in 2008 was one of the greatest experiences of my life...man that was awesome!!

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
a lot of us who cant make it to tuscaloosa come up with our own gameday traditions.

i grill up a 2 pound steak, start slamming woodchuck cider, get something soft to throw at the tv- like my cat, curse bamaro's avatar, do the "joey dance," almost curse out someone on tidefans before pushing away from the computer, then pass out and drool on the couch. it seems to be working very well over the last 2 years

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Do any of you older guys remember the early '60 tradition of giving scores of other games during times out. Everyone always waited for the Slippery Rock Score and cheered when they were winning and boo'd when losing. That always put a smile on my face for some unknown reason!:)
Slippery Rock got a lot of attention back then because they beat some team something like 101-0. This article is a good read about Slippery Rock there's a piece of the Rock in all of us :)

Frozen Sooner

1st Team
Jan 14, 2009
a lot of us who cant make it to tuscaloosa come up with our own gameday traditions.

i grill up a 2 pound steak, start slamming woodchuck cider, get something soft to throw at the tv- like my cat, curse bamaro's avatar, do the "joey dance," almost curse out someone on tidefans before pushing away from the computer, then pass out and drool on the couch. it seems to be working very well over the last 2 years
I used to post in the SoonerFans.com game threads a lot while watching on TV. Unfortunately, an incident of laptop frisbee during the 2003 Big 12 Championship game ended that tradition. :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.