Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Re: AJC.com link to GSU game info

From AJC:

Bill Curry to AJC.com said:
“It’s been a great motivator for our staff, and it will be a great motivator for our players,” said Curry, who spent three seasons (1987-89) as the Alabama coach. “The opportunity to go into that environment and see how football is played at that level will be quite a learning experience.”
Alabama will pay Georgia State $400,000

Georgia State to play Alabama in 2010 | ajc.com

Date: Nov 20, 2010
Time: TBD

Last game on GSU's 2010 inaugural season schedule.

Last edited:

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
This is a BAD idea. Why are we playing a I-AA team, especially in a season where we will be one of the favorites for the title? That will only hurt our BCS ranking. It's easy enough to find a I-A team for the cupcake role on our schedule.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is a BAD idea. Why are we playing a I-AA team, especially in a season where we will be one of the favorites for the title? That will only hurt our BCS ranking. It's easy enough to find a I-A team for the cupcake role on our schedule.
We have a pretty tough schedule otherwise. Penn State is on the schedule, and Florida rotates on while Kentucky rotates off. But I agree, no I-AA teams. Of course, we play Chattanooga the week before the barn this year...

Rueben

All-American
Sep 5, 2008
NAHTOD
1. We will be dumping a lot of $$$ into the G.S. coffers, this will help keep their fledgling football program alive. Yes we could do the same with USA, but here is a the problem. Lest's say we blow G.S. out 52-0. They will take their check, say thank you very much and go back to Ga. If we did the same to Coach Joey Jones, and the Jaguars, there would be a lot of heart burn across the state, no matter how much $$$ they received.

2. Have you looked at the rest burn 2010 schedule??? RLY? I think we may have some pretty stiff competition lined up. We need a break or two, and lining them up before the AU game may give us a little break, when we need it. ( Kind of like Au having an off week before playing us, and we will only have 4 days to prepare...)

Home:
San Jose State
Penn State
Florida
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Georgia State
Auburn
Away:
Duke
Arkansas
LSU
Tennessee
South Carolina

Now, what does scare me, is Bama looking past G.S. to the AU game, and some how we wind up getting embarrassed.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Yeah, not too excited about this one either but with Penn State, San Jose St, and Duke as the others- I don't think that it will hurt us too bad. Duke will be in cutcliffe's 3rd year- won 4 games last year and could very well be a bowl team this season or next (or both). Penn State will definitely help the strength of schedule. This is a little off subject but does anyone else remember seeing or reading somewhere that the Bama vs Duke was going to be moved to the Ga Dome? I thought that I had read about that somewhere .....

BamaBoy3684

1st Team
Nov 28, 2006
Dothan
This is a little off subject but does anyone else remember seeing or reading somewhere that the Bama vs Duke was going to be moved to the Ga Dome? I thought that I had read about that somewhere .....
Last I heard we had not reached an agreement yet...

Last edited:

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
Can someone post a link? I didn't see it posted down the board. What, no one wants to see Curry get embarrassed? :tongue:
If Bama wins 60-0 Curry will not be embarrassed, that is what is supposed to happen. If we don't win by 45 or more then we are the one's embarrassed. There is NO way Bama should schedule games against teams like this. There is no way this game can help the team improve in any way. Playing a game like this before Auburn could do more harm than good. There is no way the team gets focused and excited about preparing for this game. It could carry over into the next week.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Thanks. I had thought that was an option. I hope it happens. That would add a little spice to the matchup. Not only that but it would probably end up on national television as well.

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
I still find it hard to believe many Bama fans whine about playing these games. If I remember correctly, Bama has lost quite a few of these "easy" game over the years. Bama fans should not take any game for granted. I saw the Utah loss coming as soon as it was announced. The Bama fans took Utah for granted. I guess the team did also. As Saban has said, we must learn as a program to dominate every game, every play, and so on.

Every team competing for the title needs a couple of these games. We can't play a Southern Cal type team every week in addition to the SEC schedule. The hope is that these games allow us playing time for the subs and rest for the starters. They are good for the team. A team can't be sharp every week. If the schedule is too tough a couple of losses are certain. So I don't see how a game like this hurts Bama.

VOLFAN7

Suspended
Oct 29, 2004
Why in the heck would we do this??? Let GT and UGA give $$ to GSU. This is not that big of a deal, but I do wonder why this would happen. What do you think???? You know what is in the closet.

VOLFAN7

Suspended
Oct 29, 2004
Why in the heck would we do this??? Let GT and UGA give $$ to GSU. This is not that big of a deal, but I do wonder why this would happen. What do you think???? You know what is in the closet.
MM owes CBC..THAT IS ALL THIS IS ABOUT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.