ADMIN NOTE: MUST READ: Enter at your own risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
Playing devil's advocate involves admitting to as much. Just defending a stance vehemently for the purpose of stirring the pot is not playing devil's advocate.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
You are allowed to be "stupid", that what makes this country great! You are allowed to play "devil's advocate", otherwise it would be a boring board! There are lot's of "facts" that may be contrary to what "you" believe are the "facts". Just use google and you will find all of the "facts" that fit "your" argument and then some!

yes, but being all three all the time adds nothing to the board.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Playing devil's advocate involves admitting to as much. Just defending a stance vehemently for the purpose of stirring the pot is not playing devil's advocate.
Well if you don't stir both sides of the pot the taste is not equally distributed. ;)

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I can't imagine there is anyone that doesn't know this but I'll say it anyway: never argue with a moderator, even if they're wrong. Especially if they're wrong. This goes for on-duty police and the general citizenry when they're armed.
Moderators are never wrong, sometimes they are mistaken and sometimes they have to change their ruling but they are never wrong. ; What kind of service do you expect at these prices? :)

P.S. I have done some things I later regretted.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
It's an internet message board, we aren't solving the world's problems. It is for entertainment purposes!
now that i agree with. that is why i entertained people with pics of my roommate's hot sister and didn't try to get any of the board's input on why she is a trainwreck of a hot mess.

however, it isn't very entertaining when you read the same disingenuous bs every day (which is why i try to stay out of GW threads..... unless it is to stir the pot :biggrin:)

btw, i have noticed some of the usual suspects on the board have calmed down lately or have gone awol. is there some pilgrimage going on somewhere or are people so worried about their tanking 401k that they can't come up with the usual snarky comments?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
btw, i have noticed some of the usual suspects on the board have calmed down lately or have gone awol. is there some pilgrimage going on somewhere or are people so worried about their tanking 401k that they can't come up with the usual snarky comments?
:D True dat. I haven't seen Chicken Little looking up at the sky in a few weeks now.

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
Moderators are never wrong, sometimes they are mistaken and sometimes they have to change their ruling but they are never wrong. ; What kind of service do you expect at these prices? :)

:biggrin: Beautifully worded. Taken in it's entirety, you've opened the paragraph with something to hang your hat on: "moderators are never wrong". Repeated it once. I get it. :biggrin: Free is a good price but TideFans is a 1st rate, top of the line, premier if not premium, prize-winning site. Over time thanks to the vision of the founder and general wisdom of the moderators expectations have only risen.

Debate for the sake of debate is pointless. War is eternal. John Lennon's "Imagine" is a pretty, ridiculous song. The last sentence works with or without the comma.

I almost misspelled ridiculous. Again. :redface:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Just remember part of the "Message Board Bill of Rights":

I have the right "NOT" to click on or answer any post that I feel is stupid or dishonest!

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
You are allowed to be "stupid", that what makes this country great! You are allowed to play "devil's advocate", otherwise it would be a boring board! There are lot's of "facts" that may be contrary to what "you" believe are the "facts". Just use google and you will find all of the "facts" that fit "your" argument and then some!

Who in there right mind would want to jeopardize anything about Non-Sports. I mean this is some High Class Entertainment.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

Well played.

Just for the rrecord: I do not like George Bush, and I do not like OBAMA either. And whatever you say to me, I can take it. :tongue:
Same here!

You are allowed to be "stupid'
:tongue:

Oh, and jt, thanks for the meerkat humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.