Gameday Menu - Fla Int

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Still going with easy this week.

Breakfast - pancakes, sausage patties, fresh fruit, hot tea.

Big pot of chili and burgers for some bodacious chili burgers and pom frites (french fries).

Snacks will be chips with crab dip, cold boiled shrimp, cheese and crackers and a bowl of nuts.

Sweets will be a banana nut cake with sour cream icing.

Rueben

All-American
Sep 5, 2008
NAHTOD
Was gonna do a bacon explosion, but I think I'll wait until we play the Hogs for that. Burgers do sound like a great idea...or maybe some kabobs.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Think I'll go easy tomorrow (80% chance of rain here all weekend) and do burgers on the grill.

BigTex, think I'll come over to your house tomorrow :) -- love shrimp creole!! Have you posted the crock pot recipe?

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Thanks Tex !! Darn ... considering it comes via Paula Deen, that's a pretty healthy version. I'm surprised it didn't start off with a big ole stick of butter! :)

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I have seen volumes of shrimp creole recipes and taking it from someone who should know what is authentic and what is not it should have a roux, a light roux made from flour and butter, as the base. I have had some that didn't and enjoyed it just the same so whatever floats your boat is a good recipe. :)

Paula Dean's Savannah Georgia style of cooking is different from creole or cajun style cooking. Paula was raised in Albany Georgia nowhere close to the coast or Acadia. Her adopted style is much like the Chesapeake Bay area, the dishes are similar but the sauces are lighter and less highly seasoned. Both are good just different.

As for the crockpot or slow cooker. It was once useful for busy working families to use so dinner would be ready when they came home from a long day at work but after a few decades recipes have been adapted that rival those taking some real skill in the kitchen. Soups and stews do very well in crockpots.

Rafiki

Banned
Aug 7, 2009
Empyrean Isles
Have a Boston butt in the smoker, baked beans and potato salad. Washed down with some select high gravity beers.

Getting warmed up with a big bottle of "Gnarly Head Red Zin"

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.