Ranch Dressing: I'm picky about mine. What are your fav. brands?

Dartigan

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2004
Tuscaloosa
For me, I really enjoy a good ranch dressing on wings vs. blue cheese. But here's my problem, I have a hard time finding a store bought brand that I really enjoy. My favorite restaurant dressing comes from Champps and it actually seems like cheap dressing. It's quite thin, almost watery, but it has a great flavor.

Yesterday I tried Harris Teeter store brand ranch on wings and I enjoyed it when the dressing is room temperature. After it's refrigerated though, it's just not the same.

Do you guys and gals have any recommendations on good ranch dressings?

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
I prefer Naturally Fresh (its in a glass jar). So far, the only place I've found it is at Winn Dixie in the produce dept (by the salad stuff). If I'm in a hurry and buy something in a bottle, it's usually Hidden Valley.

AlphaSnail

Suspended
Nov 3, 2008
Believe it or not, Walmart's Great Value brand ranch is delicious! We like it better than the more expensive stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I make most of my dressings but when I can buy them I really like Marie's

Have you ever tried thousand island dressing with fried chicken tenders? I like Big Bob Gibson's white sauce as a dip too. I order Bob's sauce by the case and have it shipped to me. He will mix the sauces and it's not all that expensive if you BBQ a lot. My homemade blue cheese dressing is really nice but you have to start with great blue cheese.

Tidefan7887

Scout Team
Oct 27, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
I really like the Hidden Valley ranch seasoning packets that you mix with milk and mayonaise. Its ten times better than hidden valley ranch that comes in the bottle. Its always better the day after you make it after all the seasoning have had a chance to do their thing.

Dartigan

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Good info here guys. Thanks for the update. I'll have to give them a try once I get set up in T-Town. (I'm supposed to be packing now, but you see what I'm doing). :biggrin:

I make most of my dressings but when I can buy them I really like Marie's

Have you ever tried thousand island dressing with fried chicken tenders? I like Big Bob Gibson's white sauce as a dip too. I order Bob's sauce by the case and have it shipped to me. He will mix the sauces and it's not all that expensive if you BBQ a lot. My homemade blue cheese dressing is really nice but you have to start with great blue cheese.
Why buy it when you can make it in about 5-minutes...?

1-cup Good mayo (Hellmanns, Duke's, or Kraft)
2-Tbsp Fresh Lemon juice
2-Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
1-Tsp sugar
1-1/2 -Tbsp fresh coarse ground black pepper (or more to taste)
2-Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (or to taste)
1- Tsp Cheyenne pepper

Add ingredients and stir well. Allow to sit at room temp for at least 30-minutes before serving

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Why buy it when you can make it in about 5-minutes...?

1-cup Good mayo (Hellmanns, Duke's, or Kraft)
2-Tbsp Fresh Lemon juice
2-Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
1-Tsp sugar
1-1/2 -Tbsp fresh coarse ground black pepper (or more to taste)
2-Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (or to taste)
1- Tsp Cheyenne pepper

Add ingredients and stir well. Allow to sit at room temp for at least 30-minutes before serving
bayou mentioned about 3-4 items so I'll assume that's the white bbq sauce? I'll have to try that. I love the one I get from my folks in Hamilton called Buttahatchee BBQ. I don't always think to get them to get me some of it when I'm out. I maybe ahve to make a batch of this.

Dad, if you read this, I'm out :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.