Game Thread: Ole Miss Menu

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
When I think of Ole Miss I can't help but think formal dinner with candles, good china and the good silverware. So in keeping with the way I remember the games here goes.

Breakfast Belgian Waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream, hot tea & Mimosa cocktails.

Game meal Prime Rib (small standing rib roast) cooked slightly rare with cracked black pepper and garlic. Au jus gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli with lemon butter, fresh yeast rolls, garden salad, baked potato & bacon soup, Egg Custard desert with caramel sauce, Ice tea & flavored water.

Game snacks cheese board (blue, brie, aged cheddar) hard salami, crackers, sliced apple & grapes. Shrimp cocktail, Mojito cocktails.

I may even slip a tuxedo jacket over ironed shorts and Bama shirt.:)

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
This sounds like the beginning of that new AllState commercial...

"I'll have the Steak Tar-Tar please..."
"Wonderful Choice!"

"I'll also have the Steak Tar-Tar, but hold the Tar-Tar sauce....I just don't like the stuff"

:biggrin:
I love that commercial.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
When I think of Ole Miss I can't help but think formal dinner with candles, good china and the good silverware. So in keeping with the way I remember the games here goes.

Breakfast Belgian Waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream, hot tea & Mimosa cocktails.

Game meal Prime Rib (small standing rib roast) cooked slightly rare with cracked black pepper and garlic. Au jus gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli with lemon butter, fresh yeast rolls, garden salad, baked potato & bacon soup, Egg Custard desert with caramel sauce, Ice tea & flavored water.

Game snacks cheese board (blue, brie, aged cheddar) hard salami, crackers, sliced apple & grapes. Shrimp cocktail, Mojito cocktails.

I may even slip a tuxedo jacket over ironed shorts and Bama shirt.:)
Do you use a Belgian mix or do them from scratch? Any advice would be good. I've gotten out of the habit of making waffles for the kids on Sat morning. I'd like to venture beyond Wal-Mart brand mix. The kids are always asking for "square waffles." This is how they distinguish waffle iron waffles from Ego.

I've gotten cheese and fudges at monks.org before. It's a Trappist monastery in Kentucky. Dang good stuff and they ship as an fyi.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Do you use a Belgian mix or do them from scratch? Any advice would be good. I've gotten out of the habit of making waffles for the kids on Sat morning. I'd like to venture beyond Wal-Mart brand mix. The kids are always asking for "square waffles." This is how they distinguish waffle iron waffles from Ego.

I've gotten cheese and fudges at monks.org before. It's a Trappist monastery in Kentucky. Dang good stuff and they ship as an fyi.
I planned to go into town about 5 min away and pick up some fresh made waffles and warm them in the oven. Is that cheating?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.