Question: Is Lee Corso's health O.K.?

BamaSlama

1st Team
Jan 11, 2003
Madison, AL
Watching Gameday this morning, Corso sounds really bad. Lots of slurring, fragmented sentences, some stuttering. In some segments he was reading directly from his notes and still had trouble getting his point out. It got better as the show went on, but the start of the program was ROUGH. Maybe he just partied a little too late in Baton Rouge on Friday night.

Anyone else notice this?

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Watching Gameday this morning, Corso sounds really bad. Lots of slurring, fragmented sentences, some stuttering. In some segments he was reading directly from his notes and still had trouble getting his point out. It got better as the show went on, but the start of the program was ROUGH. Maybe he just partied a little too late in Baton Rouge on Friday night.

Anyone else notice this?

Where have you been? :D Thats what having a stroke does. I'm surprised his speech and thought process is as well as it is.

BamaSlama

1st Team
Jan 11, 2003
Madison, AL
Did not know about the stroke. This is the first I've watched Gameday for any significant length of time this year. You can definitely tell something is up with him.

BamaSlama

1st Team
Jan 11, 2003
Madison, AL
Where have you been? :D Thats what having a stroke does. I'm surprised his speech and thought process is as well as it is.
Well in May I was underway defending your freedom.:tongue: Don't get alot of news on a submarine when we're gone. He is doing well considering the stroke. I haven't noticed anything until today.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Well in May I was underway defending your freedom.:tongue: Don't get alot of news on a submarine when we're gone. He is doing well considering the stroke. I haven't noticed anything until today.

Ah, that explains it:redface:...Thank you for your service! Very much.:)

Rueben

All-American
Sep 5, 2008
NAHTOD
2cnd strokes are really hard to "field diagnose." many of the after effects form a previous stroke can mimic the signs / symptoms of a current stroke. You really have to know the patients recent past history to tell. This is when you have to ask the patient or their family member, "is the behavior normal?" While one sided weakness ( hemi paralysis), facial drooping, slurring, and broken speech patterns ( dysphagia) are all significant signs of a stroke, it can be really hard to tell if they are from a previous stroke, or present one. Also, if Mr. Corso is suffering form any of this side effects, they will be greatly exasperated with stress.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
On his first show back, he said he went out to get the paper and felt dizzy. When he went back inside he couldn't talk AT ALL.

He said he's had to work very hard in speech therapy. I'm impressed at this point he speaks as well as he does. He seems to have a little trouble "s"'s. Maybe Coach Lou can give him a halftime pep talk to help him out with those ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I could tell ya.... but then I'd have to kill ya!! :cool2: I'd rather not confirm/deny in public forum.
I have a friend who was in the sub service, so I know what you're saying is true. It was very frustrating for his parents - having no idea where he was or what he was doing. He finally had to get out because his wife back in VA had seizure disorder and couldn't be left alone...

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I feel bad for Corso, he is not the same after the stroke. I hope he can eventually recover fully. Wether I agree with him or not, he is certainly a mainstay on College Gameday!!!!!!:BigA:

sononothing

1st Team
Oct 17, 2005
Chamblee, GA
I don't really see any adverse effects...he seems fine to me.
He seems a bit slower when he starts talking at times and one side of his mouth doesn't seem as functional as the other. It's not glaring but watch him closely next College Game Day and you should see small signs, especially if you watch an clip of him from last year to compare it to.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Oh, great. A bubblehead. ;)

Corso is actually a great guy. So is Fowler and so is Herbstreit. A friend of a friend (who both work for ESPN and are both from this area) tell me that he's considering retirement at the end of the season, depending on how his therapy goes. Betsy wants him to come home and sell pencils full time. :)

If you ever get the chance to meet him, you'll come away from the experience with a smile and the thought, "what a cool guy!"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.