Game Thread: Tennessee menu

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Drawing a blank, thought about grilled snake in honor of Fullmer wife said no to rat. What are ya'll gonna do?

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
I must agree with Mrs. Bayou -- yuck!!!!

I can't get over my craving for a huge pot of seafood gumbo. May just have to fix that for the game!!

I'm cooking ribs and chicken for a crowd. Will soak some corn (with husk) and throw it on the grill as well. Cook up some special recipe baked beans along with some other sides.....just typical fare...nuthin special.

Oh, I might hoist a sour mash drink or twelve. :)

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
I saw an episode of Man vs Food with something that would be appropriate for UT week. The host went to different minor league parks. At one park they had the following: They grilled a hamburger and topped it with cheese and bacon. They then took a Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut and cut it in half and put both havles with the inside part of the doughnut on the grill for about a minute....then they put the burger on the sweet side and put the top on sweet side down...they said they sell a ton of them. Below is a story CBS did...there is also a video of it

Krispy Kreme burger

I saw an episode of Man vs Food with something that would be appropriate for UT week. The host went to different minor league parks. At one park they had the following: They grilled a hamburger and topped it with cheese and bacon. They then took a Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut and cut it in half and put both havles with the inside part of the doughnut on the grill for about a minute....then they put the burger on the sweet side and put the top on sweet side down...they said they sell a ton of them. Below is a story CBS did...there is also a video of it

Krispy Kreme burger
It's also known as the "Phil Fulmer Special" :biggrin:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Gumbo I am saving for LSU, getting tired of bbq every weekend so the menu might look like this.

Stewed chicken - cut up chicken smothered down in a brown gravy with pearl onions, baby carrots and mushrooms.

Lumpy mashed potatoes - small redskin potatoes boiled then mashed skin and all with butter, milk and a block of Boursin herb cheese. Leave the potatoes a little lumpy and top off with fresh parsley. Brown gravy on these is good.

Fried Okra - I roll my okra in a mixture of flour and corn meal.

Dry Lima Beans - just because I'm hungry for some, cooked with some ham hock, bacon and onion.

Deviled Eggs - because I have eggs I need to get rid of

Sliced Tomatoes - Picking some really nice heirlooms now.

Buttermilk Cornbread - might add cream corn, poultry seasoning, diced onion and hot peppers.

That would meet the criteria for a southern Meat & 3 meal. Any salad would probably be sliced cucumber and red onion with dressing of vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of light brown sugar.

Sweet Tea.

Bama Fan N TN

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2007
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
getting tired of bbq every weekend
Is that even Possible? :)

Being the UT Mascot is Smokey I was thinking of something smoked .. or on the grill.

For apps.

potato skins . combination little cockatail weiners in bbq sauce and pigs in a blanket

Then Burgers, Brats or HotDogs ; Marinated chicken breast or Ribs..

Slaw , Baked Potato or potato salad,

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.