Link: Gamecocks AD complains about B-D "artificial noise"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
SC must have sent their POWDER-PUFF team to play last week! It sure doesn't sound like they were a true DIV I College Football Team! :eek2:

WAIT A MINUTE! I know what the problem was, Visor-Boy Spurrier was their coach, that's why they're whinning so much! It had to be either Visor-Boy (CSS), or Cry-Baby (_UM)! :biggrin:

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Just based on their mascot alone, I could think of some very clever rejoinders. But, I'd rather not be banned from this great board, so I'll let it rest.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why they're so sensitive to everything. I mean, can you imagine the lifetime of chiding they have had to endure? Gamecocks indeed! Roll Tide

tidestampede1

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 28, 2007
That rooster was artificial , wasn't it , there was a pull chain coming out of his , uh , well never mind.:mad2:

TS

Hankster2

All-SEC
Jan 18, 2006
in a house
This is nothing to get defensive about. The guy makes a good point. Everyone needs to use it when it's allowed and stop pushing the boundary. He wasn't calling us out for saying it had anything to do with us beating USC. Carry on!
I agree. If it's a rule then we should adhere to it or be prepared to be called out on it. Granted there are probably better ways to handle it which don't involve the media, but the rule exists to maintain a level playing field, all institutions have agreed to abide by it, and apparently we violated it. Sportsmanship would probably dictate we say "Sorry" and move on.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Just out of curiosity. We've had several players ruled ineligible the past three seasons from NCAA violations. Have there been other teams in the SEC with similar player situations? It seems like it's one thing after another, and I don't laugh off anything anymore. Even if it is something that boils down to a 5 yard penalty, it bugs me that a coach is calling us out for cheating!!

It's unfortunate, but we are perceived as willing to win at any cost, and that probably has a lot to do with bias and gabs from northern journalist, and ESPN. We are walking a fine line, and will be for the next 10 or so years, maybe even a generation.

Maybe it's just my limited access to information, but it seems like we still get a majority of the press in the SEC when it comes to violations or accusations of cheating. The only other indecent from another school was kiffin and the bogus claims against Florida's cell phone practices.

I take it all seriously, and we should be the last team stretching any rules.

Unless you believe this is all some sort of conspiracy against the Ole Heart of Dixie :cool:

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
I'm getting sick of hearing all of the complaining coming from USCe. They lost and rather than giving their opponent props for playing better they take shots. The tape and the "artificial noise" have nothing to do with why they lost. IMO, Spurrier hgoas always been a whiner so I really shouldn't be suprised.
I think the term "Don't go away mad, just go away" fits the gamecocks perfectly!!!:p

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I have no problem saying I hope the first time Tennessee hits the field (and LSU, and Mississippi State, and Auburn, and South Carolina the next time they visit Bryant-Denny), I hope the guy with the tape deck hits the bell, rewinds it, and hits it again continuously for 60 minutes. At about 3x the volume it played this past weekend. I literally do not care what the SEC has to say on the matter.

This conference has come up with the worst rule it could possibly come up with already this year (the AU-sponsored oversigning rule limiting teams to 28 GIAs received -- which I suspect we'll get around by having any lower-rated players and/or grayshirts simply not submit a letter of intent, as it's not required), and this follows several SEC-specific rules (notice that cheerleaders no longer can use a field-mounted PA speaker except in out-of-conference games?) that have not done a thing to make the game better, just more words on a page somewhere so that some One-Bullet Barney can feel like he made a difference in life.

I probably wouldn't feel this way except that the ONE noisemaker in this conference that is actually dangerous -- the Mississippi State cowbell, which I've seen mounted to bicycle handles, ax handles and broomsticks -- is left alone, I guess because "it's just Mississippi State." So until the SEC gets serious about enforcing its rules for everyone and not just the elite teams in the conference, I hope Alabama tells the noise police and Hyman to swallow it sideways.

If UKFC would quite hiring watered down hasbeens and over the hill old farts
for coaches then maybe they would have something really be worried about. Thatst why theyve always been losers and will always be.

Their fans make me laugh at how we wouldnt get spurn the overgrown boy child when we got rid of Shula. Boy we really missed out there.:rolleyes:

Seriously Bama is what crappy sc wants to be when they grow up actually maintain some semblance of a major winning team.

Steve spurn is nothing but a pitiful old washed up watered down boy who's obsessed with UA because he doesn't possess the heavy weight jock strap big enough to coach at 'ALABAMA'. He'd wither away at a drop of rain in this state. The same stupid idiot made false accusations in the late 90's about Travis Carroll that were proven absolutely wrong and he's obviously still mad that the "Coach wouldnt give him the time of day back when he was playing. He can't even handle a speaker sound or a stray piece of tape on the field. Whats next? .."The crowd was too loud when our little hen's had the ball?" He'd cry at the least little thing and thats why he's where he is today. Why cant he just retire,go away shut up and let some vines grow over his pathetic existence. With that said granny holtz perhaps should get an old man party whining gathering together every Thurs night to console each other and play bingo to discuss why they both were overrated and really didnt amount to hill a of beans in college football in the first place.

By the way South Carolina shouldnt even have a football program. They should be embarrassed to call what they have a 'Div 1 program' and now they have joined the pantheon of the other 10 rival red headed step children that will always live in the shadow of Alabama and the conference they Bama built and put on the map. Boo hoo and go back to the acc where you belong and take Steve and his big beak with him.

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
Just out of curiosity. We've had several players ruled ineligible the past three seasons from NCAA violations. Have there been other teams in the SEC with similar player situations?
Yes players at other schools have been handled the same way. For example Jarmon, the fine DT at UK was ruled ineligible during the summer for using an OTC that is considered illegal. My favorite however is the WR from Auburn who graduated in the spring but is academically inelgible this fall! How does that happen? We know about the Alabama players because we follow the team, but other schools have some of the same issues.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I have no problem saying I hope the first time Tennessee hits the field (and LSU, and Mississippi State, and Auburn, and South Carolina the next time they visit Bryant-Denny), I hope the guy with the tape deck hits the bell, rewinds it, and hits it again continuously for 60 minutes. At about 3x the volume it played this past weekend. I literally do not care what the SEC has to say on the matter.

This conference has come up with the worst rule it could possibly come up with already this year (the AU-sponsored oversigning rule limiting teams to 28 GIAs received -- which I suspect we'll get around by having any lower-rated players and/or grayshirts simply not submit a letter of intent, as it's not required), and this follows several SEC-specific rules (notice that cheerleaders no longer can use a field-mounted PA speaker except in out-of-conference games?) that have not done a thing to make the game better, just more words on a page somewhere so that some One-Bullet Barney can feel like he made a difference in life.

I probably wouldn't feel this way except that the ONE noisemaker in this conference that is actually dangerous -- the Mississippi State cowbell, which I've seen mounted to bicycle handles, ax handles and broomsticks -- is left alone, I guess because "it's just Mississippi State." So until the SEC gets serious about enforcing its rules for everyone and not just the elite teams in the conference, I hope Alabama tells the noise police and Hyman to swallow it sideways.
^^^^What he said. Especially the last paragraph.

BornCRIMSON

1st Team
Sep 28, 2009
Trussville ALABAMA
"The musics to loud:frown:...........Theres a piece of tape on the field:frown:.........these benches are hard:frown:...............My visor is dirty.":frown::bs_lame:

I guess "old ball coach" Steve Superior does'nt like suckling from
the hind teet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.