Link: Gamecocks AD complains about B-D "artificial noise"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
Crowd noise an issue for SEC

After the SEC put a muzzle on South Carolina's rooster crow a couple years ago, USC athletics director Eric Hyman was surprised to hear Alabama pumping up its crowd last weekend with what the SEC refers to as artificial noise.

After Alabama played the opening bars of AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" before a few first-half plays in the Crimson Tide's 20-6 victory against USC at Bryant-Denny Stadium, the SEC is sending a memo to all conference schools this week reminding them when pumped-in noise is permissible.

SEC spokesman Charles Bloom said schools are allowed to use artificial noise such as USC's rooster crow or Vanderbilt's foghorn before and after games, at halftime, following scores and during timeouts.

"You can't do it while the teams are on the field ... in the huddle, breaking the huddle," Bloom said Tuesday.

Hyman said Alabama nixed the AC/DC in the second half. But he wants to make sure the noise policy is followed everywhere.

"There've been two or three incidents where the spirit of the rule has not been embraced," Hyman said. "I've had some discussions (with the SEC) about it. We need to revisit it as a league, and we either (enforce) it or we don't."
Crowd noise an issue for SEC | GoGamecocks

I guess the SC record books will now have an asterisk with "attributed to white tape and artificial noise" next to the 2009 loss at B-D. :rolleye2:

squeally dan

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2008
Does USC have a women's football team? I'm starting to think that is who we played last weekend.

I think as Alabama fans, we better get used to this kind of stuff. Everybody hates on the team that is winning the most. Just how it is.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Sheesh. I guess SC couldn't complete that fade because 5sec of Hells Bells was played before/during the huddle. BTW, they stopped playing it sometime in the second half anyways.

RTRFanatic

All-SEC
Aug 8, 2009
Does USC have a women's football team? I'm starting to think that is who we played last weekend.

I think as Alabama fans, we better get used to this kind of stuff. Everybody hates on the team that is winning the most. Just how it is.
Actually... I am pretty sure there are females that don't whine that much.. Ahem..

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I'm still wondering why a rooster crow is so intimidating :biggrin: unless you are playing a bunch of folks who like to sleep late...

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
This is the kind of stuff you hear people complain about Florida or USC over. When you're on top everyone tries to find a reason why its not fair you're winning.
Posted via Mobile Device

BlakeSmash

3rd Team
Jun 8, 2009
He never blamed Hell's Bells on our loss he was pointing out a specific example of when the policy was broken.

There were a group of fans that orchestrated emails to Eric Hymen to figure out why UA and other schools (because other schools we've played have done this same thing) get to use artificial noisemakers and we don't.

We did not want him to point out this to the SEC we wanted him to say damn it all and play our damned rooster crow on 3rd downs.

Bamafan78

1st Team
Nov 20, 2006
Chattanooga, TN.
Think SC is trying to distract us heading into a big game against Tennessee? This is really making them look bad considering we just handed their rear ends to them!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
they might have appreciated an air horn letting them know that mark ingram was barrelling down on them at high speeds and wasn't planning on stopping.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
He never blamed Hell's Bells on our loss he was pointing out a specific example of when the policy was broken.

There were a group of fans that orchestrated emails to Eric Hymen to figure out why UA and other schools (because other schools we've played have done this same thing) get to use artificial noisemakers and we don't.

We did not want him to point out this to the SEC we wanted him to say damn it all and play our damned rooster crow on 3rd downs.
That would have been a much better approach, instead of airing it out to the media (same applies to Spurrier).

crimsonboy

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 1, 2008
Sheesh - for a State and a school that I've always liked, USCe sure can hire some unstable coaches (Granny and Whiner).

You gotta believe that SOS put all of his efforts in beating Alabama (even to the point of almost losing to KY and barely slipping by S. C. St.) and he only slowly came to the realization that his best efforts were not nearly enough (particularly his baby - the offense). I am glad that SOS reminded me of why I disliked him so - before he became a loser.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.