From a Vol...Congrats to Bama

DestinVol

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2008
Destin, Fl
It's been a long time since I've posted on here. I've always liked this board. Just sayin congrats on a hard fought game. As soon as the game was over, I kept saying, we should have won. But after some more reflection I realize we shouldn't have won because we didn't do the things necessary, particularly on the last kick, to win. So no, we shouldn't have won. The great teams find ways to win, and that's what Bama did. And being married to a Bama grad, it makes it that much more difficult.

I do think we are improving, despite our 3-4 record, and CLK has this team playing really hard and they have bought in. Although it's possible we may actually be worse next year with no QB and an inexperienced offensive line...not to mention no more Eric Berry. I do think this rivalry will get back to where it needs to be. Please do me a favor, and beat the crap out of Florida in the SEC title game.

FWIW, my family is friends with Siran Stacy. In fact my dad's friendship with him started at a bible study a few years ago and he and another friend ended up helping Siran deal with his grief after the accidents. Anyway, we saw him at our golf course here in Destin yesterday and my dad was wearing his Bama hat that my wife gave him (he wears it to be nice to her) We were talking on the driving range and he said he was impressed with how well Tennessee was coached and that he hasn't seen a UT team play that hard in a long time. He sees these games getting very competitive in the coming years.

Anyway, congrats again, and good luck the rest of the way. See you next year in our place.

Go Vols!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
It's been a long time since I've posted on here. I've always liked this board. Just sayin congrats on a hard fought game. As soon as the game was over, I kept saying, we should have won. But after some more reflection I realize we shouldn't have won because we didn't do the things necessary, particularly on the last kick, to win. So no, we shouldn't have won. The great teams find ways to win, and that's what Bama did. And being married to a Bama grad, it makes it that much more difficult.

Anyway, congrats again, and good luck the rest of the way. See you next year in our place.
Thanks for the msg.

And, if you were not to unpleasant during the game, you probably got some good consolation lovin' from the Mrs. :biggrin:

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Classy post...never thought I would say that about any post from a Vol...the rivalry has been long and tough (I have been following it since 1960, hence my extreme dislike for anything orange), and I don't really see that changing. Even when Phat Phil owned us, even some of the games we lost were close; not as close as Saturday, but close. Last couple of years were aberrations, I think (not that I didn't like them :)).
QB will be a spot for you guys next year (was this year early, but Crompton has come on); and as for your o-line, maybe a new, inexperiened line will be an improvement, hard to say.
Oh, but can you get someone to muzzle your coach? He keeps it up and you guys will be back where you ended last season.

BLEEDSRANDW

Feb 20, 2009
Oak Grove, AL

I do think we are improving, despite our 3-4 record, and CLK has this team playing really hard and they have bought in. Although it's possible we may actually be worse next year with no QB and an inexperienced offensive line...not to mention no more Eric Berry. I do think this rivalry will get back to where it needs to be. Please do me a favor, and beat the crap out of Florida in the SEC title game.

FWIW, my family is friends with Siran Stacy. In fact my dad's friendship with him started at a bible study a few years ago and he and another friend ended up helping Siran deal with his grief after the accidents. Anyway, we saw him at our golf course here in Destin yesterday and my dad was wearing his Bama hat that my wife gave him (he wears it to be nice to her) We were talking on the driving range and he said he was impressed with how well Tennessee was coached and that he hasn't seen a UT team play that hard in a long time. He sees these games getting very competitive in the coming years.

Go Vols![/QUOTE

Thanks, we got a "W" but it was for out scoring Tennessee, not for "beating" them. Never the less it is a "W". Great teams find ways to win and that is what Bama done. Thanks for the well wishes and Roll Tide.

Classy post DestinVol. It is people like you, on both sides of this rivalry, that make this rivalry so great. Now that Fulmer is out of the way and both teams seem to be improving, I'm sure this rivalry will return to what it should be sooner rather than later. I hope Kiffin whining like a scared girl will stop when he has some success at UT. Whining just does not become him...or anyone for that matter.

UT played hard and were disciplined for the most part. Crompton, for all of the crap UT fans have given him, has the potential to hurt opponents...as we saw Saturday. I told a friend of mine earlier today that UT has to be the best 3-4 team in the country.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season. See you in Neyland next year.

holybama

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 19, 2006
Great post
I really believe that Crompton has improved 100% since I saw him against Auburn. I believe that if you guys played Auburn again you would whup em pretty good
:BigA:

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
Great post
I really believe that Crompton has improved 100% since I saw him against Auburn. I believe that if you guys played Auburn again you would whup em pretty good
:BigA:
No doubt, that was a totally different offense that Bama played. I watched the barn game, if tutorsee had played like that against Bama, it would have been a blowout.:smile:

hartleyb

Scout Team
Jan 9, 2009
Nice post! You know we all are big sports fan and have a deep passion for our team...it's always nice to know that we accept the outcome and continue on. Good game that shouldn't have had the aftermath attention on the outcome.

Vegas4Bama

1st Team
Oct 24, 2005
LA$ VEGA$, NV
Thanks!

What a game and the Vols could have won had it not been for Mount Cody as ya know! lol

These two great universities always play each other to the best of their abilities regardless of their records; and UT proved that on Saturday!

Good luck to the Vols the rest of their season and folks like you are always welcome here on this forum!

RTR!:BigA:

DestinVol

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2008
Destin, Fl
I've been one of the thousands of people that have been throwing rocks at Crompton, but you have to give him credit. I really give a lot of credit to Kiffin for not throwing him under the bus and pulling him early in the season when everyone was saying that's what he should do. It really showed his loyalty to him and the confidence in him. (Also, because our backup isn't any better) I think that's what has helped JC as the season has gone along. He's certainly got all the physical tools.

How do you guys see the SEC title game playing out with Florida?...I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I'm pretty confident that will be the matchup. Can McElroy get his confidence back? I do think with a couple more big games against some quality opponents, Ingram can win the Heisman. I haven't seen anyone else that has really jumped out this year. It's kind of been a down year for individual performances.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
I've been one of the thousands of people that have been throwing rocks at Crompton, but you have to give him credit. I really give a lot of credit to Kiffin for not throwing him under the bus and pulling him early in the season when everyone was saying that's what he should do. It really showed his loyalty to him and the confidence in him. (Also, because our backup isn't any better) I think that's what has helped JC as the season has gone along. He's certainly got all the physical tools.

How do you guys see the SEC title game playing out with Florida?...I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I'm pretty confident that will be the matchup. Can McElroy get his confidence back? I do think with a couple more big games against some quality opponents, Ingram can win the Heisman. I haven't seen anyone else that has really jumped out this year. It's kind of been a down year for individual performances.
Ha, yeah, sorry, I can't join ya...it's one game at a time for me, and there are way too many injury possiblities that would/could seriously affect the outcome, if we both make it there.
McElroy is a very bright guy; with the right play calling, he will be fine, IMO. He didn't turn the ball over last week, and that's a big plus.
I posted in another thread that MI has to have a good day against the who's; I'm not sure a repeat of last week (although 18/99/5.5 ain't bad, by any means) will be enough to keep him in the mix, unless McCoy/Tebow etc also have very mediocre games.

Bama Bard

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2009
Thanks for the post Destin Vol. It reminds me that I have a little crow to eat on this board. Last week I called out Vol Fan and Tennessee about the imature and whiny nature of Coach Kiffin, the Football team, and Vol Fans in general. I said that UT would play a decent game in the first half and then get pounded in the second half because they (like their coach) are selfish and undisciplined.

Well the Vols come out and colored me an idiot with their physicality on the field, their superior "on field" coaching and game planning in general, and their playing with a tenacity and effort I didn't think you guys possessed. So I apologize to you, Vol Fan and Tennessee for my arrogance. You guys have a lot to be proud of and a better days ahead.

DestinVol

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2008
Destin, Fl
Thanks for the post Destin Vol. It reminds me that I have a little crow to eat on this board. Last week I called out Vol Fan and Tennessee about the imature and whiny nature of Coach Kiffin, the Football team, and Vol Fans in general. I said that UT would play a decent game in the first half and then get pounded in the second half because they (like their coach) are selfish and undisciplined.

Well the Vols come out and colored me an idiot with their physicality on the field, their superior "on field" coaching and game planning in general, and their playing with a tenacity and effort I didn't think you guys possessed. So I apologize to you, Vol Fan and Tennessee for my arrogance. You guys have a lot to be proud of and a better days ahead.
Thanks. It's easy for us all to get all drummed up over these rival games and say some crazy things at times. I've been there before. I do think we were a little fortunate to catch Alabama with a week off beforehand. I look forward to the coming years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.