***5-star WR/S Keenan Allen commits to BAMA***

RTRfromBFLO

Nov 7, 2009
Finally had to stop lurking and make an account for myself. Really excited about the Keenan news. I've been a Tide fan since I was little, but I go to the University at Buffalo. I just wanted to bring up, since I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the Keenan threads, his older brother is UB's starting quarterback Zach Maynard.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
For some reason, I didn't realize just how big this kid is. Here's a link to view some highlights of him. He has an embarrassment of riches in the talent department. So much so, that not one time in the entire highlight reel did I see him turn his afterburners on. Looks like he was toying with the opposition. This is my favorite quote from him

Four years sounds great. RTR
WM, I had the same reaction. Keenan Allen is definitely not undersized. In fact, he bears a striking resemblance to some of the kids catching the ball for LSU yesterday.

Norwood, Bowman and now Keenan. Big kids to go with the burners.

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
WM, I had the same reaction. Keenan Allen is definitely not undersized. In fact, he bears a striking resemblance to some of the kids catching the ball for LSU yesterday.

Norwood, Bowman and now Keenan. Big kids to go with the burners.
KA is both BIG and FAST! Think he runs a 4.45 or so! If he can contribute early, should really stretch a D.

Captquin

Suspended
Apr 29, 2008
Wow! I normally don't follow recruiting until after the season, but I saw an article about this commit on AL.com. I thought wide receiver and defensive secondary were the two spots were LSU had an advantage going into Saturday. This will help us make up some ground. Great pick up! Roll Tide!!!

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
He can be a star on either side of the ball. I can't wait to get him on campus and see where he winds up. Reminds me a lot of Mark Barron, which is certainly a good thing! :D

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
Instant special teams contributor IMO as a frosh. May even sneak in and find some reps on offense. Will end up being a very productive player regardless of which side of the ball he ends up on. Reminds me a lot of Kevin Norwood with maybe a tad more aggressiveness.

Welcome aboard, Keenan!

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Instant special teams contributor IMO as a frosh. May even sneak in and find some reps on offense. Will end up being a very productive player regardless of which side of the ball he ends up on. Reminds me a lot of Kevin Norwood with maybe a tad more aggressiveness.

Welcome aboard, Keenan!
I feel fairly confident in saying Keenan will see the field next year as a receiver.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.