Question: MSU offensive scheme = UF scheme?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Dan Mullen was UF's OC. Minus the Tebow factor, do the two teams run pretty much the same stuff? If so, how big of a help can this be having two weeks of practice under our belts for this offense before actually playing UF? For that matter, having played two spread teams early on in FIU and UNT should be an asset as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
Some of the basic sets are similar, but Mississippi State relies more on a power running game with Anthony Dixon.
Agree here. Lots of similarities......just not the speed/manpower to make it work. Gotta remember MSU gave LSU all it could handle. Dixon is a load. Will not be a cakewalk.....especially after our emotional output against LSU.

BAMAFEVER50

1st Team
Aug 17, 2008
MOODY, AL
another way to look at this is what will Florida learn from our MSU spread approach. I think Utah was the beneficiary of seeing our approach to Florida. Just a thought.

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
Well my question is what do we do to stop the offense? I think we stack the box a little because the MSU quarterback is not as good, but I have not watched them but once this year.

I know it is different than Florida because of the personnel but it is good practice for us for the SECCG.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
I've got to say that whatever offensive scheme you run, it's a lot more effective with Tebow at QB. Fortunately, Mittipi Tate has a mortal under center...

ABamaManNTX

1st Team
Feb 6, 2005
I am concerned about Mississippi State! Are YOU.

They played LSU and Florida tough games this year. They held Houston's pass happy offense to only 31. They've had a week off and could be even more dangerous for the Tide.

Mississippi State traditionally has surprised Alabama at the most inappropriate times for the Tide. Two examples: 1980 - 6 to 3 when Bama was undefeated in Jackson, Miss. and 1996 when 17 to 16 in Starkville, Miss. Well, there have been other years also.

I do NOT want them screwing up our season of destiny.

Actually, they may be better than LSU because they have a coach that can direct players to put points on the scoreboard. Bama may need to score 35 to beat them.

Bama, don't take them lightly. Defense, be ready. It's really time for the offense to shine. We need to score by land, air and possibly sea!

S _ _ _ happens! I don't want it to happen this weekend!

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
*Huge* difference. No St. Tim, and no Percy Harvin (I know, he graduated). A very short QB...by very short, I mean on the order of 5'8". His "program" height is 5'10". Dixon is pretty good, but their O line is not gonna be able to push our front around, nor keep them off of Tyson. He'll be running for his life all day long, methinks.

The LSU we saw yesterday is quite a different LSU from the one MSU saw earlier. I think it's close until early in the 3rd, after which we pull away.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
How is their defense? It seems that our offense is finally getting a rhythm against good defenses. Can we expect the offense do continue to improve if MSU's defense isn't as good as LSU?

ABamaManNTX

1st Team
Feb 6, 2005
I'm not worried about Florida. I know the Bama players will be ready for them.

My concern is Mississippi State. Will the Tide ROLL in Stark Vegas? Will the players be ready for Mississippi State?

I honestly think they will because of Coach Saban. It's ingrained in my memory the way Coach reacted to Julio being the 12th man on the field when Julio came off the field. It wasn't very long (about 73 yards later) before Julio showed Coach Saban the real Julio. It was like Superman flying down the sidelines.

Bama players, just play as hard as you can for 6 seconds on each play, unless you need to run for 90+ yards for a TD. Then we expect 10 solid seconds.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.