What Is Your Favorite Alabama Memorabilia?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I have two pennants

One shows a Red Elephant followed by "ALABAMA"
Picture of Stadium in Green under the elephant picture followed by "Red Elephants"

The Second Shows The Red Elephant standing over picture of stadium in Green followed by "ALABAMA"
Underneath next to the picture of the open ended stadium in GO GO Tide

I'm not sure how old these are but they came from my in-laws' home and I believe they are from the 1960's. Would love to know

I also have a 315 win Coke bottle.

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
An autographed copy of Bear. (Underwood's book)

Recently, my wife found a 1977 Alabama SEC Champs pennant at Antiques place for me.

Herkowitz signed a copy of his Bryant book for me.

Not exactly Bama, but Namath related - two tickets from a Jets/Bills preseason game I went to at Legion Field. Joe and OJs pictures are on the tickets.

Program from my first Bama game. Vs Tennessee in 1965.

Zipp

Dec 5, 2011
My signed Daniel Moore "The Goal Line Stand" 3822/5000 given to me by my dad and my autographed picture of Coach Saban

RTR

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Mine are 2 items from a special day in August right before DuBose's first season as head coach. My father, being a former Bryant player at Bama from 1957-1960, was among all former Bryant players (plus guest) invited to the official unveiling of the Bear Bryant stamp from the USPS. I went with him. Very cool event, as there were former Bryant players from Maryland, Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Alabama in attendance, and each different group was asked to stand at one point which was also cool. Anyway, you could buy commemorative items related to the stamp, like full sheets of the stamps and "first day cancellations" of the stamp where you bought a stamp on an envelope and it had the USPS cancellation of that first day of issue. Later on during the luncheon, i spied a trio chatting nearby that i thought would be awesome to have all of their signatures on my first day cancellation envelope with Coach Bryant's stamp. It was Lee Roy Jordan, John David Crowe, and Gene Stallings. They were all very gracious to sign, and seemed to really appreciate the attention. A little bit later Coach Stallings was sitting at our table talking to my dad about the old days. Coach Stallings had been a grad assistant coaching the ends back then - my dad's position. While sitting there listening in amazement to a lot of funny stories, I asked Bebes if he would sign my 1992 National Championship Daniel Moore print, which was unframed and in our car. He said "Hell yes son, go get that thing" and i sprinted out of there and retrieved it. Normally i'm not a huge autograph hound, but i took advantage of opportunity that day.....

Those are my two favorite pieces of Bama memorabilia.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Mine are 2 items from a special day in August right before DuBose's first season as head coach. My father, being a former Bryant player at Bama from 1957-1960, was among all former Bryant players (plus guest) invited to the official unveiling of the Bear Bryant stamp from the USPS. I went with him. Very cool event, as there were former Bryant players from Maryland, Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Alabama in attendance, and each different group was asked to stand at one point which was also cool. Anyway, you could buy commemorative items related to the stamp, like full sheets of the stamps and "first day cancellations" of the stamp where you bought a stamp on an envelope and it had the USPS cancellation of that first day of issue. Later on during the luncheon, i spied a trio chatting nearby that i thought would be awesome to have all of their signatures on my first day cancellation envelope with Coach Bryant's stamp. It was Lee Roy Jordan, John David Crowe, and Gene Stallings. They were all very gracious to sign, and seemed to really appreciate the attention. A little bit later Coach Stallings was sitting at our table talking to my dad about the old days. Coach Stallings had been a grad assistant coaching the ends back then - my dad's position. While sitting there listening in amazement to a lot of funny stories, I asked Bebes if he would sign my 1992 National Championship Daniel Moore print, which was unframed and in our car. He said "Hell yes son, go get that thing" and i sprinted out of there and retrieved it. Normally i'm not a huge autograph hound, but i took advantage of opportunity that day.....

Those are my two favorite pieces of Bama memorabilia.
That's what's awesome about these kinds of stories - they make memories we won't ever forget! What a great memory -- that would've been super cool to shoot the breeze with those three!

And Bebes is just such an awesome gentleman!

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
That's what's awesome about these kinds of stories - they make memories we won't ever forget! What a great memory -- that would've been super cool to shoot the breeze with those three!

And Bebes is just such an awesome gentleman!
Yes, it was awesome. One other story that was fascinating was where they remembered sitting at a team meal with Coach Bryant and some other ends and QB's where they discussed switching from white helmets to color helmets to make it easier for the QB to spot our receivers quickly. And conversely, using white helmets when the opponent had dark helmets for the same reason. I think this was around 1959 or 1960. 1960 is the first time i recall from reading historical books that Alabama employed the crimson helmet, but then also went back and forth to white helmets to take advantage of different situations for several years.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Personalized autographed picture from Coach Bryant November 1982 (would love to put it here but do not know how to post pictures)
Autographed "The Bear" from Coach Bryant
Autographed picture from Coach Saban and a picture of he and I from 2010
Autographed picture from Coach Stallings
Autographed pictures from Joe Willie, The Snake, Alexander The Great, and Chris Samuals
Bunches of other stuff...ticket stubbs, sideline pass for CNS's first game, banners, on and on. I have a Bama Room that is pretty cool.
Also, I had autographed pictures from Perkins, Dubose and Shula...Something happened to them :cool2:

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Personalized autographed picture from Coach Bryant November 1982 (would love to put it here but do not know how to post pictures)
Autographed "The Bear" from Coach Bryant
Autographed picture from Coach Saban and a picture of he and I from 2010
Autographed picture from Coach Stallings
Autographed pictures from Joe Willie, The Snake, Alexander The Great, and Chris Samuals
Bunches of other stuff...ticket stubbs, sideline pass for CNS's first game, banners, on and on. I have a Bama Room that is pretty cool.
Also, I had autographed pictures from Perkins, Dubose and Shula...Something happened to them :cool2:
I use photobucket to post pictures.

Those auto'd pictures were probably put away in "file 13", huh? LOL

Nice list!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I have two of my favorites given to me by my brother:

Framed picture of 'Run in the Mud' - autographed by The Snake
Framed picture of 'The Deuce is Loose' - autographed by David Palmer

:) Very proud of all of the ones I have and will never sell or trade (unless I guess, my kids are starving ;) )

toledotider

Mar 13, 2011
I have the team pictures from 1935 and 1936. My dad was a fullback on those teams. In the ’35 team picture, Dad is sitting next to teammate Paul Bryant. That’s a real treasure for me.
My Dad’s brother went to a book signing and had Coach Bryant personalize a copy of “The Bear”. He wrote” To Mitchell Best, and old and great friend.” We had a house fire in 1995, and I think that book survived, but I haven’t been able to put my hands on it for years. I hold out hope that some day I will find it again.

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Your Bama room looks amazing 37bama.I unfortunately don't have one yet.I have most of my memorabilia in my home office.Here's a picture of some of it.Sorry about the picture quality i took them using my flip cam.

And my most prized posession..

My ticket from the National Championship.The best time i have ever had in my life.RTR! My grandfather also took me to the very first SEC championship game when i was kid.But somewhere along the way i lost the ticket.I'm still mad about that.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Your Bama room looks amazing 37bama.I unfortunately don't have one yet.I have most of my memorabilia in my home office.Here's a picture of some of it.Sorry about the picture quality i took them using my flip cam.

And my most prized posession..

My ticket from the National Championship.The best time i have ever had in my life.RTR! My grandfather also took me to the very first SEC championship game when i was kid.But somewhere along the way i lost the ticket.I'm still mad about that.
Thank you! The bad thing about my 'Bama room is... it isn't big enough! I still have a ton of stuff I need to display and am out of room.... Wish I had an entire downstairs with lots of wall space to devote.

You might not have a room, but you've got some awesome items!

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I have the team pictures from 1935 and 1936. My dad was a fullback on those teams. In the ’35 team picture, Dad is sitting next to teammate Paul Bryant. That’s a real treasure for me.
My Dad’s brother went to a book signing and had Coach Bryant personalize a copy of “The Bear”. He wrote” To Mitchell Best, and old and great friend.” We had a house fire in 1995, and I think that book survived, but I haven’t been able to put my hands on it for years. I hold out hope that some day I will find it again.
I hope you find it. That's a real family treasure. Good luck!

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
It's hard for me to decide what my favorite item is. I have a signed photo of Coach Bryant that I got on eBay. I did a PSA quick opinion before buying it and the result was "Likely Genuine". I also have over 70 single signed Bama mini-helmet as well as a signed football from the 92 National Championship team that I got signed at the parade they had for them. I guess my most treasured items are signed UA publicity black & white photos of some of the players. My grandmother worked in the football offices in the late 60's-early 70's and had dealings with some of the players and would get pictures signed for me.

Wayne4Bama2

Scout Team
Feb 10, 2001
Dothan,Al,Houston
It's hard for me to decide what my favorite item is. I have a signed photo of Coach Bryant that I got on eBay. I did a PSA quick opinion before buying it and the result was "Likely Genuine". I also have over 70 single signed Bama mini-helmet as well as a signed football from the 92 National Championship team that I got signed at the parade they had for them. I guess my most treasured items are signed UA publicity black & white photos of some of the players. My grandmother worked in the football offices in the late 60's-early 70's and had dealings with some of the players and would get pictures signed for me.

I an autographed football from Coach Bryant(his 315th win) and every coach after him.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
A kind of unique item I have is a hand written letter to me from Gene Stallings.I had sent him a letter asking if I could send him a mini helmet to sign and he replied and answered all of the questions I asked him in my letter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.