ADMIN NOTE: Dupes and teasers...

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
Guilty, Judge Earle!

It seems everyone is just going crazy with them. If your new thread just disappears - DON'T REPOST IT! The odds are 99% that you weren't paying attention and posted a duplicate or teaser...
Guilty by reason of being an old geezer. Your Honor, would it be possible to allow a poster to edit the title as well as the body of a post. Recently, I've had two finger-to-keyboard malfunctions. I accidentally hit the "Enter" key, before I was finished with the title. Thank you for showing mercy to the elderly. :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Guilty, Judge Earle!

Guilty by reason of being an old geezer. Your Honor, would it be possible to allow a poster to edit the title as well as the body of a post. Recently, I've had two finger-to-keyboard malfunctions. I accidentally hit the "Enter" key, before I was finished with the title. Thank you for showing mercy to the elderly. :biggrin:
Are you more elderly than I? I'll be 70 in four days. I really don't know if it's possible under vBulletin to allow anyone other than mods to edit thread titles. I'll find out...

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Along these lines, I'm getting sick of seeing new threads asking who's going to Pasadena. Do a search, people. You'll find the answer to your question and you can respond to that thread instead of cluttering up the board with duplicate/similar threads.

Don't make me beg.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
If someone had started a post trying to get info on open activities/gatherings in Pasadena, and had it deemed unworthy or repetitious resulting in erasure, where might that person go to find the existing thread containing that info? :confused:
I'm not even sure what "DUPES & TEASERS" are. As it says, I'm a rookie.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If someone had started a post trying to get info on open activities/gatherings in Pasadena, and had it deemed unworthy or repetitious resulting in erasure, where might that person go to find the existing thread containing that info? :confused:
I'm not even sure what "DUPES & TEASERS" are. As it says, I'm a rookie.
Before you post, scan the first couple of pages. There is a thread on the Alumni ...'n's tailgate down the board. If you see nothing, feel free to post a question. Also, the vBulletin search function is good, if you take the time to familiarize yourself with it...

Cheaha1

Scout Team
Oct 31, 2009
TideNL'ville. Thanks. In the circles I have run in.........TTT = Bump. Not that it makes any difference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.