View Poll Results: What kind of game are you expecting against Texas?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blowout for Bama (3 or more scores)

13 3.83%
  • Comfortable win for Bama (2 scores)

119 35.10%
  • Close win for Bama (1 score)

156 46.02%
  • Toss-up

37 10.91%
  • Texas win

14 4.13%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you expecting an easy win vs. Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA504 View Post
    That's a load of donkey kong........ What sports show are they watching???? Because BAMA is favored to win????? Every sports channel I have seen out of the 12-15 I get all say the same thing, very tight game with a few plays determining the outcome.. Only reason most are picking us period is or balance on offense compared to a run&shoot texas......

texas needs to try and stop working the "Napoleon" approach and trying to get some motivation through the poor ol' me crap ~!~ You would think they would take the high road and approach the game the way most BAMA fans are approaching it thinking your team is more than equal~!~
    The "napoleon" approach worked pretty fine for us the last time.

When Colt found out that he lost the heisman, he texted his coach, "Game On."

I imagine the local Bama media might be saying its even handed... but from most outlets I've seen... they don't even think Texas should be IN THE GAME over Cincy or TCU.

Read here for just one example... Alabama-Texas could be a mismatch, more college bowl thoughts - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Or here. BCS Guru Or here. Capstone Report Shane: 11 reasons why Alabama will defeat Texas

I want the Texas coaches to use whatever angle possible to get the best out of there team. If that happens to be the Napoleon angle then so be it.

The battle cry for the TX team all year has been LEAVE NO DOUBT. Last year we got hosed. This year we've been about proving the doubters wrong. I'd say its worked just fine. GAME ON.

2. Advertisement
    Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ThumbsUp Re: Are you expecting an easy win vs. Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangechipper View Post
    The battle cry for the TX team all year has been LEAVE NO DOUBT. Last year we got hosed. This year we've been about proving the doubters wrong. I'd say its worked just fine. GAME ON.
    Saban's battle cry for the Alabama team is "Make their asses quit". If that doesn't fire you up you are dead.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine the local Bama media might be saying its even handed... but from most outlets I've seen... they don't even think Texas should be IN THE GAME over Cincy or TCU.

Read here for just one example... Alabama-Texas could be a mismatch, more college bowl thoughts - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Or here. BCS Guru Or here. Capstone Report Shane: 11 reasons why Alabama will defeat Texas

I want the Texas coaches to use whatever angle possible to get the best out of there team. If that happens to be the Napoleon angle then so be it.

Well first off how are you defending a couple of blogs which the bottom 2 reports are just that ~?~ One actual reporter who has blasted BAMA on more occassions than I care to remember... Let me clarify by what I mean when I say MEDIA, espn, espnu or fox sports you know people who actually are reaching people on a daily basis on TV because we all know no one reads the paper anymore so Mandels goal is to insult teams and hope for repsonses which justify his existence~!~

I would also hope that AFTER the big12 championship and they announced the Bowl Selections that it was "game on".... Sounds like another excuse to try and get fired up for a game in which BAMA will be well prepared~!~ We have been in "game on" mode since about what 10 pm December 5th..

BamaNation First Team WishIwasInBama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how you guys think you got hosed last year. Beat Texas Tech then there is no problem. It seems that every texas fan forgets that there was a 3 way tie when they were crying about beating OU head to head,OU beat Texas Tech head to head, no wait they destroyed them. So for any Texas fan who thinks they got hosed there should be an equal amount of Tech fans that have the same argument. Why did he text his coach instead of turning around and saying "game on"? Wasn't his coach sitting right behind him? there is one aspect to 92 and 2005 that everyone is forgetting, both USC and Miami were RETURNING national champions and in fact USC was a two time national champion. Alabama didn't even win their conference last year and got embarrassed in the sugar bowl so you can rest assured that they aren't going into this game like Miami or USC. Why can't everyone agree that BOTH these teams are hungry, BOTH these teams are good, Bama is favored, they should be, but if Texas wins it won't be this major upset. I find it funny how so many Texas fans talk about how bama can't hang and the same time saying they love being the underdog, you guys are acting like you are TCU, its not the media so much as its your coach and your fan base playing this angle, but in a way I guess its a win/win for you. if you win its the greatest upset in the history of college football and if you lose, well you were supposed to so its not that bad.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishIwasInBama View Post
    , both USC and Miami were RETURNING national champions and in fact USC was a two time national champion.
    Not true; they won the BCS title in 2004; won the ap vote in 2003, but that is just as mythical as AU's people's nat'l championship. Sorry, that is just a pet peeve of mine. U$C was not a two-time champion; they were the media darlings in 2003 and actual champions in 2004. I'm glad Texas won that game b/c the lovefest for U$C was sickening. Sorry for being off-track, it is just a serious thorn in my side when it comes to college football.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Not true; they won the BCS title in 2004; won the ap vote in 2003, but that is just as mythical as AU's people's nat'l championship. Sorry, that is just a pet peeve of mine. U$C was not a two-time champion; they were the media darlings in 2003 and actual champions in 2004. I'm glad Texas won that game b/c the lovefest for U$C was sickening. Sorry for being off-track, it is just a serious thorn in my side when it comes to college football.

In the grand scheme of things History will remember them as an AP national champ, I know the BCS has changed perception of things but we can't claim 12 for us then turn around and say USC's AP in 2003 doesn't count. I agree that it was not deserved but it doesn't compare at all to the situation with Auburn. I hate it too and I am glad Texas won (although here latley I wish I can take back ever pulling for them) but it is what it is IMHO.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya on that one, as much as it kills me living here but the Crystal Ball is about 65 miles North of where I live~!~

As far as deserving to be there it was not the media or being screwed out of anything it was and still is the way the big12 decides its champion after a 3 way tie... Plain and simple, heck go move to the big 10 they are looking for a team and they don't even play a Conference Championship ~!!~ ~~~~~~~

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishIwasInBama View Post
    In the grand scheme of things History will remember them as an AP national champ, I know the BCS has changed perception of things but we can't claim 12 for us then turn around and say USC's AP in 2003 doesn't count. I agree that it was not deserved but it doesn't compare at all to the situation with Auburn. I hate it too and I am glad Texas won (although here latley I wish I can take back ever pulling for them) but it is what it is IMHO.
    I hate to disagree but the AP is irrelevant since they went to the BCS... Before that came along the AP was the deciding factor and I am sure you know the history of how NC's were decided but EVERYONE knows usc was and still is a media darling and the true NC trophy and the only one that counts is in Baton Rouge~!~

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I hate to disagree but the AP is irrelevant since they went to the BCS... Before that came along the AP was the deciding factor and I am sure you know the history of how NC's were decided but EVERYONE knows usc was and still is a media darling and the true NC trophy and the only one that counts is in Baton Rouge~!~
    As long as the AP poll is relevant, which it is, the AP championship will be relevant.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, I wasn't trying to say that USC was (in my mind) a National Champion in 03 but in "their" minds they were. To me the fact that they were and are a media darling further proves my point about their mind set going into that game with Texas. Alot of the pundits were saying that team was the greatest team in the history of College football and THAT was, and should be a motivating factor. But I see the media picking Bama this year because they are favored and have a better body of work not because Texas doesn't belong on the field with Alabama. I just hate it when people make the comparison because Alabama will never get the type of hype that Miami and USC got even if they deserve it. I just think no matter how many in the media pick Texas to win the Texas fans will continue to act like Boise state and play the no respect angle.

The point I was trying to make about USC's 2003 Ap championship is in 50 years when someone says USC has 14 (not sure how many just threw a number out there) National Championships 2003 will be in that list and I can guarantee there will not be an asterisk beside it.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to relive 2008 again. But we beat BOTH the north and south champion that year. Something that could NOT be said about the 2 other teams in the tiebreaker.

Texas was the only one of the teams that didn't have a home game between the other two. Tech beat Texas at home. OU beat Tech at home. Texas beat OU at a neutral site with the stadium half-filled btwn both schools.

Texas was the only team of the three that played 0 FCS teams.

I can go on and on. But for the purposes of this thread... it doesn't matter what you and I think. It matters what the players think. They thought they were screwed. HOWEVER... they knew the only way to get back here was to LEAVE NO DOUBT and to win all their games. They knew they couldn't leave it in the hands of the comps this time... The lesson they learned was that they HAD to go undefeated. They used that and accomplished their goals.

They now just have one goal left to accomplish. Win a BCS title game.

If you read Mack Brown's press conference you can see that the underdog role is definitely AN aspect of the motivation. But lets not overstate this. Its not the ONLY angle. Its about so much more.

To the poster that said my links weren't national enough. That's fine. We'll just have to disagree. I watched ESPN's bowl special. Every single announcer had Bama over Texas. Look here. Scout.com: 2009-2010 CFN Staff Bowl Confidence Picks All but one has Bama over Texas. I bet if you scour the web you'll see its about 80-20 in favor of Bama. To say TX fan is reaching in saying we are viewed as the underdog is silly. Maybe to say its david v. Goliath is a stretch. But underdog... no that's not a stretch.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    I find Colt's GAME ON text to be self serving and petty. What are we supposed to take away from that? Is he saying it took getting snubbed on an individual award to get him fired up to play for the NC? It should have been GAME ON as soon as the comedy of errors that led to thier BIG XII Championship ended. You say GAME ON, I'll say GO TEAM.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that I have to say that seriously scares me. Like all joking aside. Honestly though that sounds like a little preschooler lost the first prize and now wants to spoil the victors fun as much as possible. I just don't see Mark doing that if he lost to McCoy.

I say you've left a little doubt, even your own coach doubts you, if we are to believe his BS. According to him he wouldn't even show the tape of our SECCG to his players, doesn't sound like much confidence in his players to me. Of course we all know those were dirty lies because he's trying to win the game on the underdog gimmick which will not work against Bama because we not a bunch of cocky Californian hotheads with two Heisman winners on our team (we, alas, have but the one). If you come out trying to prove something the only thing you're going to prove is that we're the better team.

Embracing the underdog role only works when the other team underestimates you. Our players are preparing for this game like its Armageddon. Its Texas who is in for a nasty surprise Jan 7, not Bama.