Are you expecting an easy win vs. Texas?

What kind of game are you expecting against Texas?

• Blowout for Bama (3 or more scores)

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Comfortable win for Bama (2 scores)

Votes: 118 34.9%
  • Close win for Bama (1 score)

Votes: 156 46.2%
  • Toss-up

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Texas win

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Every time I 'expect' an easy win (Tennessee, Auburn come to mind) I empty the Maalox bottle. I'm going into this one hopeful of a win, and if the guys on the team take preparation seriously, and execute like they did in the SECCG; then UTw doesn't have enough weapons to keep up. Good Luck team; represent the uniform proudly. Roll Tide Roll!

Auburn was a nightmare because it really should have been a rout. It is precisely why they say, "That's why they play the game." Everything Bama does well was what AU had fits with all year. They played the game of the year and were still dominated in large chunks of the game by a Bama team that wasn't playing great. The Tenn. game wasn't even in doubt with 3 minutes to go. They had done nothing and despite the offensive woes for Bama it was a two score game with less than 3 minutes to play. One first down would have ended the game and instead MI has the first fumble of his time at Bama and the terror ending began. I look for Bama to come out firing and UT will have to answer just as hard. Just like the AU game they will have to fix things that have been a problem for them all year, and those holes play into strengths of Alabama. Then again, that's what was true about AU, but it was also true about UF and we see how those played out. We'll know soon enough. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The ironic part is that I pulled for Tennessee in 1998 to win the BCSGC. That was possible for me before the Fulmer ordeal...
Same here.

But I will admit that a national championship would heal SOME of the wounds Fulmer inflicted.

It will probably never be to the point I can trust Tennessee again, which is sad. It was once - imho - the most gentlemanly and simultaneously tough - rivalries in all of sports.

It was like our Penn State rivalry during the 1980s, only every single year.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I need someone to remind me how Alabama rose from #5 in week one to #3 after week three and stayed in the top 3 the rest of the season struggling. :rolleyes:

Always room for improvement, half the teams we play play us like it's their championship game. I'm not disrespecting Texas great season even though we did jump them in the polls and I have wanted them so bad I could taste it all season long.
To say nothing of the fact that

1) Texas played NO GAMES against teams who had an off week the week before....and

2) Alabama played FOUR GAMES against teams that had an off week the week before (FIU, Tennesse, Miss. State, Auburn).

Big surprise - two of our three toughest games were against teams with an extra week to prepare. (And in the case of Auburn, it was their TWO WEEKS vs our FOUR DAYS).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And Texas has a month to prepare. :biggrin2:
True.

But so does Alabama, so that kind of offsets that one.

Both teams played on the same day, which makes it better as well. Maybe the only advantage MIGHT go to us on that one because we were able to watch your game and take notes AT THAT TIME.

What did that save? 20 minutes?

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009
And Texas has a month to prepare. :biggrin2:
I think the key word in his statement was "extra."

Bama has been preparing even longer than a month. Texas' O line play was a problem early in the season, and it was still a problem at the end of the last game you played. In fact, it looks like its gotten worse. You haven't made progress in that area all season and now you have a month to fix it without facing and actual opponents. Alabama, on the other hand, has fixed its problems and tested them against quality opponents. We're a much better team than we were at the beginning of the season, but Texas has been pretty static...in order to beat Texas will have to improve a lot. Not saying it isn't possible, just that...their current predicament isn't really something to smile about.

RamJamYellaHam

Jun 3, 2006
Alabama
I think the Auburn game was a huge wake up call for Alabama. It just goes to show you that no matter what you're ranked, how good you think you are or who you're playing, you can get beat on any given night. Just like bamacon said in his post, that's why they play the game.
But back to the National Championship game, I think it;s going to be a great game. As much as I hate the BCS, I think this year they got it right because there's no doubt that Alabama and Texas are the 2 best teams right now. I believe it will be a back and forth type of game with both defenses trying to prove that their defense is better. I believe around the end of the 3rd quarter and during the start of the 4th quarter, Alabama will start to pull away with a field goal here and maybe a late touchdown. I'm picking Alabama to win 27 - 20. Hopefully it won't be that close and I won't have to go outside and yell. LOL Right now Alabama is a 4.5 point favorite. I think they pull the line and win their 13th National Championship.

Ramma Jamma, Yella Hamma, Give em' Hell Alabama!!!!

ROll TIDE

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.