Are you expecting an easy win vs. Texas?

What kind of game are you expecting against Texas?

• Blowout for Bama (3 or more scores)

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Comfortable win for Bama (2 scores)

Votes: 118 34.9%
  • Close win for Bama (1 score)

Votes: 156 46.2%
  • Toss-up

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Texas win

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Totally agree with you Bamacon. My point was that their D definitely did not make adjustments, tighten up and win that game for them. Quite the opposite.

The fact that they just wilted down the stretch does not bode well for them against a power team like Bama, who prides itself on wearing opponents down in quarters 1-3, then dominating in the fourth.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Totally agree with you Bamacon. My point was that their D definitely did not make adjustments, tighten up and win that game for them. Quite the opposite.

The fact that they just wilted down the stretch does not bode well for them against a power team like Bama, who prides itself on wearing opponents down in quarters 1-3, then dominating in the fourth.
Gotcha. I totally get what your saying. If Texas gets behind it will have to stop the run because I am sure the gameplan will involve trying to get Colt to do exactly what Tebow did-watch the majority of the game from the sidelines.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

In all fairness to texas, the A&M game was on a Wednesday. They had 1-2 days of practice. I think (but am not sure) that A&M had a bye, too, just like auburn and tenn did for us. I can't think of any teams that can put together a great gameplan and practice it in one day.

RayDog

Dec 20, 2009
Texas played A&M on a Thursday and both teams played the Saturday before. The poor defensive performance really comes down to poor game planning by Muschamp and great execution by A&M.

Johnson is a 60% completion passer who was all the sudden completing at an 80% clip generally into good to great coverage, and his wide receivers were holding onto balls with DBs trying to rake their hands through the ball. It was a truly amazing performance by A&M. To me they played way over their heads, but I have to give them credit.

If McElroy can throw at 20% higher completion percentage than he has averaged all season and rush for almost 100 yards I have no doubt Alabama will win.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Texas played A&M on a Thursday and both teams played the Saturday before. The poor defensive performance really comes down to poor game planning by Muschamp and great execution by A&M.

Johnson is a 60% completion passer who was all the sudden completing at an 80% clip generally into good to great coverage, and his wide receivers were holding onto balls with DBs trying to rake their hands through the ball. It was a truly amazing performance by A&M. To me they played way over their heads, but I have to give them credit.

If McElroy can throw at 20% higher completion percentage than he has averaged all season and rush for almost 100 yards I have no doubt Alabama will win.
Lol, I stand corrected. The point still stands tough, it was a very short week.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
26 receptions by 9 different receivers. So everybody on A&M's squad had there best day of the year? Okay. Looked like some weak coverage sprinkled in because on 3 of the scores the A&M receiver was wide open, but maybe I was watching a different game that day.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
In all fairness to texas, the A&M game was on a Wednesday. They had 1-2 days of practice. I think (but am not sure) that A&M had a bye, too, just like auburn and tenn did for us. I can't think of any teams that can put together a great gameplan and practice it in one day.
They played on Thurs (T'giving night) and aTm didn't have a bye. You could argue that Texas, previously playing Kansas and Baylor (combined 9-15), had three weeks to prepare for aTm.

The disturbing trend, if I'm a Longhorn, is that their D has given up 3 scores out of four 4th quarter drives in the past two, close, games. It would have been four for four had aTm's kicker not hooked his last attempt from the UT 6 yard line.

Conversely, Bama has given up 4 scores in the fouth quarter -- ALL YEAR.

If I need a stop (or two or three) in the fourth quarter, I want Bama's D over Texas' D. Period.

BAMA504

Suspended
Jun 28, 2007
You know the more I read from texas fans the more scared I become that we might not even be able to get the snap off because of the speed and athleticism of their defense....... They are the best defense we have seen all year and I would look for Ingram to maybe squeeze out 20-25 yds on 35 carries and TR well their hitting ability will take him right out of the game -3 yds rushing 2 carries........ Then again I think we might just go and play the game and see if they are just that good because we just killed superman ~!~

Dec 18, 2002
I see some eerie similarities with 1992 right now. Then, as now, two undefeated teams were to meet in the MNC. Then, as now, one team had the Heisman winner and was heavily favored. Then, the favored team (Miami) came in expecting a cake walk to a trophy that they had already cleared a space in the cabinet for. And then, the underdog (Bama) beat them to a pulp.

I am worried about over confidence, Texas is not a pushover. They are 13-0 for a reason.

It's funny that you see parallels between your 1992 season and this year, because all Texas fans can talk about is parallels between the 2005 season and this year, to include all of the national talking heads talking about how Alabama is going to whup up on Texas.

BAMA504

Suspended
Jun 28, 2007
That's a load of donkey kong........ What sports show are they watching???? Because BAMA is favored to win????? Every sports channel I have seen out of the 12-15 I get all say the same thing, very tight game with a few plays determining the outcome.. Only reason most are picking us period is or balance on offense compared to a run&shoot texas......

texas needs to try and stop working the "Napoleon" approach and trying to get some motivation through the poor ol' me crap ~!~ You would think they would take the high road and approach the game the way most BAMA fans are approaching it thinking your team is more than equal~!~

Orangechipper

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 14, 2009
That's a load of donkey kong........ What sports show are they watching???? Because BAMA is favored to win????? Every sports channel I have seen out of the 12-15 I get all say the same thing, very tight game with a few plays determining the outcome.. Only reason most are picking us period is or balance on offense compared to a run&shoot texas......

texas needs to try and stop working the "Napoleon" approach and trying to get some motivation through the poor ol' me crap ~!~ You would think they would take the high road and approach the game the way most BAMA fans are approaching it thinking your team is more than equal~!~
The "napoleon" approach worked pretty fine for us the last time.

When Colt found out that he lost the heisman, he texted his coach, "Game On."

I imagine the local Bama media might be saying its even handed... but from most outlets I've seen... they don't even think Texas should be IN THE GAME over Cincy or TCU.

Read here for just one example... Alabama-Texas could be a mismatch, more college bowl thoughts - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Or here. BCS Guru Or here. Capstone Report Shane: 11 reasons why Alabama will defeat Texas

I want the Texas coaches to use whatever angle possible to get the best out of there team. If that happens to be the Napoleon angle then so be it.

The battle cry for the TX team all year has been LEAVE NO DOUBT. Last year we got hosed. This year we've been about proving the doubters wrong. I'd say its worked just fine. GAME ON.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
The battle cry for the TX team all year has been LEAVE NO DOUBT. Last year we got hosed. This year we've been about proving the doubters wrong. I'd say its worked just fine. GAME ON.
Saban's battle cry for the Alabama team is "Make their asses quit". If that doesn't fire you up you are dead.

BAMA504

Suspended
Jun 28, 2007

I imagine the local Bama media might be saying its even handed... but from most outlets I've seen... they don't even think Texas should be IN THE GAME over Cincy or TCU.

Read here for just one example... Alabama-Texas could be a mismatch, more college bowl thoughts - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Or here. BCS Guru Or here. Capstone Report Shane: 11 reasons why Alabama will defeat Texas

I want the Texas coaches to use whatever angle possible to get the best out of there team. If that happens to be the Napoleon angle then so be it.

Well first off how are you defending a couple of blogs which the bottom 2 reports are just that ~?~ One actual reporter who has blasted BAMA on more occassions than I care to remember... Let me clarify by what I mean when I say MEDIA, espn, espnu or fox sports you know people who actually are reaching people on a daily basis on TV because we all know no one reads the paper anymore so Mandels goal is to insult teams and hope for repsonses which justify his existence~!~

I would also hope that AFTER the big12 championship and they announced the Bowl Selections that it was "game on".... Sounds like another excuse to try and get fired up for a game in which BAMA will be well prepared~!~ We have been in "game on" mode since about what 10 pm December 5th..

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan

I love how you guys think you got hosed last year. Beat Texas Tech then there is no problem. It seems that every texas fan forgets that there was a 3 way tie when they were crying about beating OU head to head,OU beat Texas Tech head to head, no wait they destroyed them. So for any Texas fan who thinks they got hosed there should be an equal amount of Tech fans that have the same argument. Why did he text his coach instead of turning around and saying "game on"? Wasn't his coach sitting right behind him? there is one aspect to 92 and 2005 that everyone is forgetting, both USC and Miami were RETURNING national champions and in fact USC was a two time national champion. Alabama didn't even win their conference last year and got embarrassed in the sugar bowl so you can rest assured that they aren't going into this game like Miami or USC. Why can't everyone agree that BOTH these teams are hungry, BOTH these teams are good, Bama is favored, they should be, but if Texas wins it won't be this major upset. I find it funny how so many Texas fans talk about how bama can't hang and the same time saying they love being the underdog, you guys are acting like you are TCU, its not the media so much as its your coach and your fan base playing this angle, but in a way I guess its a win/win for you. if you win its the greatest upset in the history of college football and if you lose, well you were supposed to so its not that bad.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
, both USC and Miami were RETURNING national champions and in fact USC was a two time national champion.
Not true; they won the BCS title in 2004; won the ap vote in 2003, but that is just as mythical as AU's people's nat'l championship. Sorry, that is just a pet peeve of mine. U$C was not a two-time champion; they were the media darlings in 2003 and actual champions in 2004. I'm glad Texas won that game b/c the lovefest for U$C was sickening. Sorry for being off-track, it is just a serious thorn in my side when it comes to college football.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
Not true; they won the BCS title in 2004; won the ap vote in 2003, but that is just as mythical as AU's people's nat'l championship. Sorry, that is just a pet peeve of mine. U$C was not a two-time champion; they were the media darlings in 2003 and actual champions in 2004. I'm glad Texas won that game b/c the lovefest for U$C was sickening. Sorry for being off-track, it is just a serious thorn in my side when it comes to college football.

In the grand scheme of things History will remember them as an AP national champ, I know the BCS has changed perception of things but we can't claim 12 for us then turn around and say USC's AP in 2003 doesn't count. I agree that it was not deserved but it doesn't compare at all to the situation with Auburn. I hate it too and I am glad Texas won (although here latley I wish I can take back ever pulling for them) but it is what it is IMHO.

BAMA504

Suspended
Jun 28, 2007
I hear ya on that one, as much as it kills me living here but the Crystal Ball is about 65 miles North of where I live~!~

As far as deserving to be there it was not the media or being screwed out of anything it was and still is the way the big12 decides its champion after a 3 way tie... Plain and simple, heck go move to the big 10 they are looking for a team and they don't even play a Conference Championship ~!!~ :)~~~~~~~

BAMA504

Suspended
Jun 28, 2007
In the grand scheme of things History will remember them as an AP national champ, I know the BCS has changed perception of things but we can't claim 12 for us then turn around and say USC's AP in 2003 doesn't count. I agree that it was not deserved but it doesn't compare at all to the situation with Auburn. I hate it too and I am glad Texas won (although here latley I wish I can take back ever pulling for them) but it is what it is IMHO.
I hate to disagree but the AP is irrelevant since they went to the BCS... Before that came along the AP was the deciding factor and I am sure you know the history of how NC's were decided but EVERYONE knows usc was and still is a media darling and the true NC trophy and the only one that counts is in Baton Rouge~!~

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I hate to disagree but the AP is irrelevant since they went to the BCS... Before that came along the AP was the deciding factor and I am sure you know the history of how NC's were decided but EVERYONE knows usc was and still is a media darling and the true NC trophy and the only one that counts is in Baton Rouge~!~
I agree with you, I wasn't trying to say that USC was (in my mind) a National Champion in 03 but in "their" minds they were. To me the fact that they were and are a media darling further proves my point about their mind set going into that game with Texas. Alot of the pundits were saying that team was the greatest team in the history of College football and THAT was, and should be a motivating factor. But I see the media picking Bama this year because they are favored and have a better body of work not because Texas doesn't belong on the field with Alabama. I just hate it when people make the comparison because Alabama will never get the type of hype that Miami and USC got even if they deserve it. I just think no matter how many in the media pick Texas to win the Texas fans will continue to act like Boise state and play the no respect angle.

The point I was trying to make about USC's 2003 Ap championship is in 50 years when someone says USC has 14 (not sure how many just threw a number out there) National Championships 2003 will be in that list and I can guarantee there will not be an asterisk beside it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.