Flight / Hotel Plans for BCS

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
Just curious what everyone's flight and hotel plans are.

Tuesday: Leave Mobile 3:30 - Dallas/FW - arrive Burbank 9:30pm. Leave Friday

Staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Old Town

M.Harbin

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2000
Arab, Alabama, USA
Leaving Huntsville on Wed the 6th. Staying near LAX but spending most of Thursday at the RB. Plan to show my son some of the sights on Friday then headed back to Huntsville on the redeye Friday night.

kfo9494

Suspended
Jun 19, 2001
Gadsden, Alabama
Leaving Atlanta morning of the 5th. Direct Flight to Vegas, Going over on the morning of the 7th (after cashing in my winnings) see us win and back to Vegas for two more days.
Vegas is a town, if you have self-control, you can spend days and see something different everyday.
>

RolltideFanz

All-American
Sep 26, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Leaving Atlanta morning of the 5th. Direct Flight to Vegas, Going over on the morning of the 7th (after cashing in my winnings) see us win and back to Vegas for two more days.
Vegas is a town, if you have self-control, you can spend days and see something different everyday.
>
That's the absolute truth. Most people tend to look at Vegas as something that costs a fortune, and would, each and every time you go. But if you play your cards right :)biggrin:) it really isn't bad at all. And like you say, there is tons to do.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I am flying into Burbank and staying in Hacienda Heights. I have a ticket to the game, a flight to LA, and a hotel. But I am still not done. LA is a nightmare to get around. I guess I will rent a car because the cab fees will get to be outrageous. This is going to be a one shot deal. No way could I afford to do this again.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I was vacationing in Las Vegas with my folks in July of 97, it was not that bad, my mother wanted to take a car ride to the outlets. We went and I found a Starter outlet and bought a Bama parka for $39. My father had a fit being July and how we were going to get this giant coat in my small suitcase! I told him I would wear it on the plane....There is always something to do other than gambling in Vegas. I know when we were there, we took a ride to Red Rock Canyon, pretty cool and Hoover Dam too.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Flying to LAX on the 4th, staying in Newport Beach (nice R&R place), then at the Ontario airport Marriott post-game with a Friday AM departure back to ATL.

RolltideFanz

All-American
Sep 26, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I was vacationing in Las Vegas with my folks in July of 97, it was not that bad, my mother wanted to take a car ride to the outlets. We went and I found a Starter outlet and bought a Bama parka for $39. My father had a fit being July and how we were going to get this giant coat in my small suitcase! I told him I would wear it on the plane....There is always something to do other than gambling in Vegas. I know when we were there, we took a ride to Red Rock Canyon, pretty cool and Hoover Dam too.
Both of these are on my list of things to do next summer when I go to Vegas with the family. It really is gorgeous out there scenery-wise.

crimson mo

1st Team
Nov 26, 2001
columbus,MS
Flying from Atlanta on the 5th(was going to leave from memphis but Atlanta is cheaper and no layover) to las vegas, Returning on the 9th.
Staying at the Mandalay Bay.
Will be taking the Charter bus to the rose bowl on the 7th.
Will be site seeing 6th and 8th.

bama16

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2004
Tuscaloosa,Al
Leaving Monday morning the 4th, layover in Dallas,flying into LAX, hotel somewhere in Hollwood/West Hollywood ( I didn't book it, a friend took care of that) and coming home on the red eye Saturday night/ Sunday morning.

beb4bama

3rd Team
Oct 10, 2006
Leaving Dec. 6th. Direct flight to LAX. Had to get hotel reservations in Hollywood. I dread the drive, so we will probably get up early Thurs. morning and drive to pasadena and take in any/all festivities that we can prior to the game. We will stay and tour Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and other sightseeing attractions on Friday and Saturday, and fly back to Atlanta on Sunday.

TidenLA

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2001
Sparks, Nevada
I am flying into Burbank and staying in Hacienda Heights. I have a ticket to the game, a flight to LA, and a hotel. But I am still not done. LA is a nightmare to get around. I guess I will rent a car because the cab fees will get to be outrageous. This is going to be a one shot deal. No way could I afford to do this again.
Wow, may I ask why Hacienda Heights? That's a long way from the Rose Bowl. renting a car would be the best idea.

I got my tickets via Fed ex today. They suggest getting to the RB before 2:30pm as parking is limited. If you are taking a taxi to the game, they will charge you 40 bucks to be dropped off. I suggest have the cab drop you off before you get to the parking and walk. I plan on getting there early and taking a nap in my SUV.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I got my tickets via Fed ex today. They suggest getting to the RB before 2:30pm as parking is limited. If you are taking a taxi to the game, they will charge you 40 bucks to be dropped off. I suggest have the cab drop you off before you get to the parking and walk. I plan on getting there early and taking a nap in my SUV.
Did you buy the parking pass? If so, does that mean that you are guarenteed a spot? We did get one. It probably doesn't matter though because I am sure that we will be there long before 2:30 tailgaiting anyway.

Oh and I am flying into LAX and staying in Pasedena. I'll be out there that entire weekend. We will be getting a hotel somewhere else for Friday through Sunday, but we havent decided where yet...maybe around Hollywood. Then I am planning on getting a hotel right by LAX on Sunday night, so I don't have to deal with rush hour traffic heading to the airport early Monday morning.

The flights may be expensive, but hotels and car rentals seem to be very reasonably priced.

RolltideFanz

All-American
Sep 26, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Great. Thanks! Staying at hotel near LAX, so starting out at Aviation station/Green Line near airport.

Citi is providing a free shuttle from the Parsons bldg., but they are charging $40 per car to park. Transportation ~ Tournament of Roses

It's actually not $40 (if you buy in advance). I have my ticket to park at Parsons already in hand, and it was $28. Better than $40 the day of at either the Bowl or at Parsons.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I'm already in California - just hanging out with the family in Fresno right now...

Girlfriend and I will be at the Rose Parade, and then head back to Fresno. We're driving back down on Jan. 5th to pick up friends from LAX and Orange County, and we'll all stay at my aunt's in Orange County.

We'll drive to the game very early (7AM I think) to get a decent spot when parking opens at 8AM.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
Flying out of Charlotte on Tuesday, staying in LA that night. Planning to take the rail into Pasadena on Wed morning -- although don't really know what that's all about. Staying in Pasadena Wed and Thurs. Flying back to Charlotte on Friday. I'm getting a lot of good information from these posts and will figure out the details later!

RedElephant92

3rd Team
Jan 23, 2008
Flying to Vegas on the 5th. Flying to Burbank the morning of the 7th. Back to Vegas early on the 8th. Home from Vegas on the 10th. Should be worn out when I get home!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.