Heartwarming video of little girls seeing the preview of the new live-action The Little Mermaid

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And you got more to work with. Wanna keep going? THEN do Numenor and the goings on of the 2nd age in seasons 5 and 6, maybe even 7. There's even a game of thrones route where you can do a prequel series with Morgoth killing the trees, stealing the Silmarils.
It could probably be done if they got someone that was passionate about the project and a studio that was patient to see it to a 2nd season. The problem is ultimately they want to tell a boring version of a story that everyone knows after watching the first few minutes of the Fellowship of the Ring instead of going slowly into a complex and more interesting story that has a big payoff of multiple Balrogs and Dragons fighting the world.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Then good. I honestly could care less if the story is good and the change isnt done just to beat us over the head with the political checklist of a studio. I mean I didnt care that Samuel L Jackson played Nick Fury who is a white man in all previous incarnations of the character in print and media. It was a great switch in which the studio got the best person for the role period and didnt do it because Sam is a black man. I couldnt care less if Ariel was Greek, black, or Asian as long as the story is good and its not just there to move a political narrative. I probably wont see it because I have largely hated the Disney Remakes, but I am genuinely happy for everyone that this casting choice made happy. I dont know the actress, and I hope she does a great job and makes a lot of Ariel fans in the process.
Great post! I thought Jackson playing Fury was really good casting. The only irksome thing to me is that they didn't show Fury chain-smoking cigars as he was wont to do in the comics. Other than that, perfecto. As for the reboots and remakes, I share your disinterest. If they made a WASP version of "Good Times" I wouldn't want to see that, either. At some point, it all just starts to feel lazy.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Then good. I honestly could care less as long as the story is good and the change isnt done just to beat us over the head with the political checklist of a studio. I mean I didnt care that Samuel L Jackson played Nick Fury who is a white man in all previous incarnations of the character in print and media. It was a great switch in which the studio got the best person for the role period and didnt do it because Sam is a black man. I couldnt care less if Ariel was Greek, black, or Asian as long as the story is good and its not just there to move a political narrative. I probably wont see it because I have largely hated the Disney Remakes, but I am genuinely happy for everyone that this casting choice made happy. I dont know the actress, and I hope she does a great job and makes a lot of Ariel fans in the process.
Nick Fury is black in the Marvel Ultimate imprint. It was a really popular set of comics in the early 2000's. They had alternate versions of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-men, and Spiderman along with many others. Fury's depiction in those comics was modeled after Sam Jackson. Marvel just cast the guy the artist drew. This is from a comic years before Jackson played the character.

1685558059708.png

Reactions: Jon

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I think the bigger question is how did Triton have all of those kids with different ethnicities and only one wife? I'm, uh, gonna have to put the blame on his wife for that!

And, as, usual, the complainers haven't watched the movie to understand there were many different girls, this movie just picked a non-white daughter to focus on.

The Little Mermaid is actually a decent movie, by the way, if you ignore the fact that you know the entire plot going in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.