***ALABAMA Faxed LOIs Received Thread*** (continously updated)

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I agree but they do need some limits in recruits. I'm still hope if he does go the JUCO route, that we get a chance at him when he clears everything up
I've never understood this thought process. If I'm a three-star recruit and my life-long dream has been to play football for Alabama, and they can afford to give me a scholarship just to ride the pine, why shouldn't I be able to go where I've always wanted to go? The scholarship limits really aggravate me.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Alright, 2012 is wrapped up. We're off to a good start with 2013. Now when can we expect the mods to do the write-up/ SPARQ info on this class? :)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I've never understood this though process. If I'm a three-star recruit and my life-long dream has been to play football for Alabama, and they can afford to give me a scholarship just to ride the pine, why shouldn't I be able to go where I've always wanted to go? The scholarship limits really aggravate me.
it's to help even the playign field out between the haves, and the have nots....trying to make things more competetitive between big and mid sized schools...

As long as the rules are follwoed by all, I think its a fair rule to bring more competetiveness to the sport...

of course, thats an opinion, and there are many differing ones on it, of course...

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
I've never understood this though process. If I'm a three-star recruit and my life-long dream has been to play football for Alabama, and they can afford to give me a scholarship just to ride the pine, why shouldn't I be able to go where I've always wanted to go? The scholarship limits really aggravate me.
Well it sounds really good like you put it. What if you are a 3* player and you really want to play and will go wherever you feel like you can play? UAB says you can play, but so does TN. You decided to go to TN because you always wanted to go there and the coach says you will play. Two years later you still aren't playing and then you don't get your scholly renewed for the third year. So you've wasted two years of your life because you find out in the end that the coach "thought you might develop into more, sorry". So in addition to leveling the playing field the rules are also to keep 3* recruits form being lied to by coaches just to keep them away from other teams, or to keep them from being brought in tried out only to have their scholly pulled a year later. Both of those things still happen at times with the limits, but not nearly as much as it would without.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
ESPN, Rivals, 247 Sports all have BAMA #1, Scout has BAMA #2 (TX #1)**other sites have TX 2, 3, 3.

AU 11, 13, 17, 17 depending on site.
LSU 6, 11, 12, 16 depending on site.
UF 3, 4, 4, 5 depending on site.
UGA 5, 6, 12, 19 depending on site.
aTm 13, 13, 14, 17 depending on site.
Vandy 25, 28, 43, 49 depending on site.
UT 17, 18, 22, 25 depending on site.
Arky 21, 26, 35 and unranked depending on site.
Missou 30, 34, 34, and unranked

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008
ESPN, Rivals, 247 Sports all have BAMA #1, Scout has BAMA #2 (TX #1)**other sites have TX 2, 3, 3.

AU 11, 13, 17, 17 depending on site.
LSU 6, 11, 12, 16 depending on site.
UF 3, 4, 4, 5 depending on site.
UGA 5, 6, 12, 19 depending on site.
aTm 13, 13, 14, 17 depending on site.
Vandy 25, 28, 43, 49 depending on site.
UT 17, 18, 22, 25 depending on site.
Arky 21, 26, 35 and unranked depending on site.
Missou 30, 34, 34, and unranked

Good good, was wondering what the final tally was.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
thanks for the responses, guys. i know why the NCAA did it. I guess what I should have said was I HATE that thought process.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
what an amazing recruting class...and we're already off and running on 2013....

Usually when a school has a couple top classes in a row, the top recruuits tend to shy away due to the depth. Saban just keeps on getting them to come...5 straight years of top recruiting classes, and counting.

I...am...in...awe...

crimsoncamaro

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 9, 2010
this is really unbelievable....saban is a machine. second greatest college coach of all time.....behind the bear of course.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
If they are that low after getting DGB, the rest of their class must be pretty thin.
Rest of the class all 2/3 star players. Even their recent teams that were top 10-15 teams had primarily 3 star talent out of HS. Pinkle, when not getting lit, does a lot with less talent than most. Now being in the SEC he is going to have trouble being much more than a 8-4/9-3 coach.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Excluding the 2007 class that Saban entered late in the game, only one class has not been considered the best class in the nation by some service (2010).

The 2010 does seem to like it will have a fair amount of attrition and guys who may get stuck in the depth chart. Some in that class are going to be getting their first honest crack at contributing with the 2008 class moving on and 2009's early entries.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.