Indictments over Planned Parenthood videos announced

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So the Houston Grand Jury looked into it and indicted

the people who made the videos

oops

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/u...d-planned-parenthood-videos-are-indicted.html

HOUSTON — A county grand jury here that was investigating allegations of misconduct against Planned Parenthood has instead indicted two anti-abortion activists who made videos of the organization.

In a statement, the Harris County district attorney, Devon Anderson, said Monday that the director of the Center for Medical Progress, David Daleiden, had been indicted on a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record and a misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Considering the content and what some of those videos show I'd be embarrassed to cheer the video makers being the ones investigated. Laughing while mutilating human beings while they are at their most vulnerable stage in life isn't even human. It goes well past depraved and I'm not sure evil does it justice. While you have the right to be pro-choice you would think they would at least be respectful while doing these procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Considering the content and what some of those videos show I'd be embarrassed to cheer the video makers being the ones investigated. Laughing while mutilating human beings while they are at their most vulnerable stage in life isn't even human. It goes well past depraved and I'm not sure evil does it justice. While you have the right to be pro-choice you would think they would at least be respectful while doing these procedures.

no one is arguing that the people featured in the video weren't callous or behaving in poor taste. They clearly were

what they were most certainly not is doing anything illegal as has been investigated now by 14 (ish, I can't recall specifics) attorney generals and so far they've found no wrongdoing whatsoever except for these charges against the people that created theses videos.

These videos by the way have also cost us millions of dollars and will cost millions more before all is done and they've cost at least 3 lives we are aware of in Colorado.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
no one is arguing that the people featured in the video weren't callous or behaving in poor taste. They clearly were

what they were most certainly not is doing anything illegal as has been investigated now by 14 (ish, I can't recall specifics) attorney generals and so far they've found no wrongdoing whatsoever except for these charges against the people that created theses videos.

These videos by the way have also cost us millions of dollars and will cost millions more before all is done and they've cost at least 3 lives we are aware of in Colorado.
How much did reporting events in Ferguson cost us?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
quite a few but that isn't the topic of this thread
Actually it goes PERFECT with promoting a false narrative with an agenda driving it. Remember "Hands up, don't shoot"? how about George Zimmerman? Maybe flushing the Qurans down toilets by soldiers? ALL of those were 100% fabrications that were written to push an agenda. Campus rape story? Duke lacrosse? I could keep going. This wasn't even made up though so there's that, and there are also many AGs that have a very different take on some of the actions.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Actually it goes PERFECT with promoting a false narrative with an agenda driving it. Remember "Hands up, don't shoot"? how about George Zimmerman? Maybe flushing the Qurans down toilets by soldiers? ALL of those were 100% fabrications that were written to push an agenda. Campus rape story? Duke lacrosse? I could keep going. This wasn't even made up though so there's that, and there are also many AGs that have a very different take on some of the actions.

again, not the topics of this thread. Though I will admit its nice to see the perpetrators of fraud get a little of what they deserve but it doesn't really help those three families in Colorado does it?

Many politicians that have looked into this have many different ideas, bottom line though is the nothing was done wrong by planned parenthood. 3 Deaths, millions in investigative dollars with millions more to go (the US congress is still hiring for their sub committee, HIRING) and millions more in lawsuits, all for a fraud. Oh yeah and several Republican Candidates who know that this was a fraud are running around Iowa and New Hampshire tonight promising millions more in further investigations

remember, that is our money

such a freaking waste

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I always want to believe all Bama fans are quality folks, but dang if we don't have have some true bottom feeders in our mix.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I find it amusing that they are indicting the video shooters for offering to buy baby parts, but not PP for agreeing to do it...

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado

Pro-lifers warned months ago that bias exists in the Harris County, Texas District Attorney’s office, and that seems to have been the case.

The office employs a prosecutor who is a board member of the Planned Parenthood affiliate that was exposed in the baby-parts videos secretly recorded by the activists.

full article here

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I find it amusing that they are indicting the video shooters for offering to buy baby parts, but not PP for agreeing to do it...

this may explain it.

from here

Last June 30, after secretly videotaping meetings with Planned Parenthood officials, Daleiden emailed Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast’s research director and other employees with a proposed agreement to purchase fetal tissue, according to Planned Parenthood attorney Josh Schaffer. That agreement included an offer to pay $750 for each sample of fetal liver tissue and $1,600 for a liver-thymus combination from the same fetus. ...

But Schaffer said Planned Parenthood staff did not respond to Daleiden’s email because they realized he was “either trying to sting them or, if it was honest proposal, that he was breaking the law.”

The Texas Penal Code indicates that the mere offer to buy or sell human organs, including fetal tissue, is a violation.

While the sale of fetal tissue is illegal, abortion clinics may donate fetal tissue with a patient’s consent for use in medical research. Federal law allows clinics to be reimbursed for costs “associated with the transportation, implantation, processing preservation, quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue” for research purposes — an amount that typically ranges from $25 to $50.

Offering to pay health providers an amount higher than those administrative costs is also a violation of the law.

The charge against Daleiden is a class A misdemeanor that carries a punishment of up to a year in jail.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Yes the DA appointed by notorious left wing activist Rick Perry was clearly anti pro life

as were all of the independent states that have reviewed all of the evidence against planned parenthood

all bought and paid for by the left

it's a "vast left wing conspiracy" that somehow happens to involve some of the farthest right of the right States, like Texas that have found absolutely no evidence of wrong doing

but by all means think whatever you want

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.