Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Reportedly Staying Through CFP)

The only thing I can say is that I am glad he will no longer be part of Bama after this season. CNS did Monte Kiffin a favor, do you actually think that CNS could not have found another OC to do what Kiffin has done. Thank god that CNS only allowed him to talk to the media 2 times a year.
I'm sorry....I come in peace...but that is so ridiculous of a post that I am almost speechless.
I am not even going to begin to speak because I'd get suspended.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
No way CNS made the choice to hire Kiffin as a favor to Monte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup..I think Coach Saban has always been impressed with Coach Kiffin's play calling abilities & his ability to coach up young QB's..Coach Kiffin earned the name "The QB Whisperer" with the results all his starting QB's has produced on the football field..Coach Saban hired Coach Kiffin to help build our offense to a more Hurry Up Spread Offense & that's exactly what kinda offense we've had this season..

I'm looking forward to who we hire as our next OC & how they build off the offense we have now at Bama..We have the Player's to go with the Spread Offense we have now or we have the Player's to go back to our "Ground N Pound" kinda offense we're used to having at Bama..The possibilities are many & it's always exciting bringing in a new OC with new ideas or wrinkles they will bring to our offense..

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

IMO this thread, while shaky from the beginning, has now turned to being totally uninteresting and filled with rumor and gossip.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

It's not long for the world, I figured letting it air out over a 24 hour period after the job announcement was the right way to go.

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Re: Kiffin's future...

Sounds like you'd have really loved the guy we had here before Saban.
Ha! Exactly. Isn't he running a steak house now, or is that some other Shula?

Yea, nepotism is alive and well in CFB. I'm not sure Kiffin and Mora would be coaches if their last names were Jones and Davis respectively.

And again, I can draw up a play or two in Madden 2017, and that's about it. But with Saban and Bama recruits, I might be undefeated as your o-coordinator. Kiffin is who he is. Someone who can succeed if he has rock stars around him. But I'd never trust him to run a legit program. He's not on his 2nd chance. He's like on his 4th. He is who he is.

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007

IMO this thread, while shaky from the beginning, has now turned to being totally uninteresting and filled with rumor and gossip.
Ummmmm......if you paid attention to the "ones who know", there was not much gossip. Cut and dry. Jus

well now I'm having the posting problems where text jumps to top of what I was typing.. Just a matter of where he ended up..........

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle

Mike Shula is the Carolina Panther's OC.
Ahh...I'm probably thinking about the guy who lost all his games in Cinci or something? I just remember there was this one Shula kid who ended up running a steak house in Miami after coaching lol. I was like, "well that escalated quickly..."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Don Shula has a small chain of steakhouses (one is in Birmingham) and I imagine his other son helps out with it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Ahh...I'm probably thinking about the guy who lost all his games in Cinci or something? I just remember there was this one Shula kid who ended up running a steak house in Miami after coaching lol. I was like, "well that escalated quickly..."
That was David. I think he runs the steak houses with his dad. They opened one in Birmingham after Mike came here, not sure if it is still open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm not a moderator. Thank goodness. Those guys and gals have too much responsibility. And I can't imagine being the Administrator, because it's not like being the coach of a football team with 120 kids, it's like being the coach of a team of thousands of, often times, over opinionated adults!
But, this issue has now been decided, and there's no argument. Coach Kiffin is going to stay through the playoff. He will then work hard to be a great head coach at FAU, we will find a new OC, Bama football will go on, and Christmas will be next week.
So I respectfully make a motion, simply a motion, to those in power, that this thread be done. I think it has truly run it's course, and I'm ready to talk about the playoff, and us winning the dang thing!
sip

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I value this site more for the information and heads ups that Earle and other informed posters offer here than the debate. But this thread has been sort of a disturbing read for me because so many of us didn't know or recognize there were problems between CNS and Kiffin and it was really spoiling the culture of the entire program likely the whole AD posing us to significant amount of risk and negative publicity. Reputable posters came here stating there is a real problem and it must be dealt with regardless of the impact on the field. Yet some of us refuse to accept that as fact and rather focus on continuing to receive the benefits of a coach's elite talent so long as we weren't breaking NCAA rules yet look the other way regarding a person's off field behavior, personal addictions, and insubordination. Expressing disappointment about the thought of him not coaching our offense to victory.

Who wants to go back to the Dubose years? Hey we won a SEC championship with all of that and more going on. Sadly based on some of the positions taken by a very few here it looks as though we are but a few steps from a steep slippery slope from going back to a win at all costs expectation once CNS exits the building.

In case you haven't paid attention the last 5 years the culture and moral behavior of ADs has surpassed in public accountability over following the competitive rules of the NCAA. Regardless of the number of wins or lack thereof, I don't want our program to be anywhere near associated with the PSUs, FSUs, and Baylors of the world. And this situation nearly blew up us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It'd already been discussed and decided that the thread had served its purpose. There can be other threads about him, particularly with regard to the playoffs, but his future with Bama has been decided and it's short term. I also have been very surprised at some of the attitudes which have been expressed here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.